• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do You Have Stories About Ron?!?

#1 User is offline   Muddyboots 

• Hard Rider...The Posse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: The Posse

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

One of the things that separates the the Hoodlums from most other boards is the fact that many of us know each other in the real world! Another thing is that this community started before the internet and grew from there. The Forum is an extension of the Community and not the other way around! There are a lot of old stories out there! If you have an old story and especially photographs, PLEASE POST THEM!!! Start a new topic in the most likely place and share it! There are a lot of Old Guard out there who just lurk. Come ON, guys! Post them! If you want to remain anonymous Pm your story to me (or anyone on the Posse ) And we will protect your privacy yet get the story told. We are hoping to get the Tractor Team to raid their collections. We are hoping that Ron's early students will have some input too! Dig deep! Bring them on!!!

We are still working out how exactly we will be curating this collection. For now, the Posse is collecting and indexing them as they come in.

Muddy boots

#2 User is offline   TheArcher 

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

I remember when I was at the Miller River event Ron walked into my camp. Ron saw my improvised blowgun on my camp table, he said "awww a blowgun, lots of knock down power." I looked at him puzzled and said.... well you must make them different than I do because mine has good range and accuracy but not much knock down power. Ron smiled and gave me a little wink and said, "they are fun to play with though." He went on to share a story about his experiences with blowguns doing the filming of his Jungle video.

Ron was always testing you to make sure you were on your game. That is just another example of what made him an legendary teacher. Damn I miss him.

Curtis

#3 User is offline   Grizzly Dave 

• Hard rider....the posse (!)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: The Posse

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

At Sequoia a couple of nasty snakes hanging around camp wound up as rattlesnake frikasee, one was roasted the other smoked over a couple of days. Ron also took the opportunity for a class on skinning a snake.
A few days later, Ron was filming the trade blanket and I standing around cracking jokes with him.
Karen came around with the smoked snake for us to try and we both took a slice.
Ron said; " I hope we don't get Salmonella from this."
I replied; " Canadians are immune to Salmonella...." he looked at me questioningly, ...."we eat Salmon all the time!"
We both started laughing so hard we nearly swallowed the snake meat whole.Griz

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users