#1 User is offline   Karen Hood 

• Queen of the Cave
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Introducing "The Woodsmaster"
A HoodsWoods Special Limited-Edition Fine Art Offering

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/imhoodat/Print.jpg

At Karen Hood's request, I'm announcing the release of this print offer to the Forum members as she'd like for you all to have first dibs on this.

In a week or so, she'll open the offer to all HoodsWoods customers via email newsletter, and a full page ad has been placed in the Tribute Issue of Survival Quarterly.

First, a little background...
Like many, I was struck especially hard at the news of Ron's passing. At the time, I was immersed in a push to create works for my upcoming summer shows and I had to emotionally set the darkness aside, difficult as it was. The tremendous outreach of support for Karen, Jesse, and others in Ron's family from the folks here on the forum is especially noteworthy. And in as much as my schedule would allow, I wanted to be a part of it and contribute somehow. But as my summer season progressed, I found it difficult.

In early September, Karen contacted me and asked if I could do something for the Tribute Issue of Survival Quarterly – maybe write something or make a sketch of Ron. My commitments had recently ended which freed me up a little. I could have composed a story, but what I wanted to express was far beyond my capacity with an assortment of letters captured between an initial cap and a period. Instead, with a deadline approaching, I created an image of Ron as I remembered him (circa mid-'70s). Hopefully, Karen might be able to use it.

I was honored when Karen asked permission to use it on the cover of the Tribute Issue.

In mid-September, I took a 9-day solo in the Sierra Nevada, looking for a heap of adventure and introspection. This is where I regain clarity. Without getting into too much detail, something happened early on in the trip, the significance of which didn't cross my mind until the second to last day. Once I grasped it, it struck so hard all at once that I was forced to pull over, drop my load, and park my ass on a block of the ubiquitous Sierra talus. It was one of those moments I suppose I'd been trying to keep in check but couldn't hold back – I cried at the loss of an old friend and mentor.

Shortly after making my way out of the mountains, I called Karen and offered to create something special with my image of Ron that others would find value in.

Offer and Details
At this time, I'm proud to announce the release of this extremely limited-edition fine art print of my artwork entitled "The Woodsmaster".
These sheets are rare; there are only 180 in the edition and 10 Artist Proofs available.

Print
The print is made using the giclée process on an archival textured watercolor sheet, measuring 21-1/2" x 17".
The edges of the sheet are torn, not trimmed.
A short inscription is centered below the image (see detail photograph below).
I'll hand-sign and sequentially number each print in graphite; Karen and Jesse will countersign.
A Certificate of Authenticity is issued with each.
The print is rolled and sealed in a plastic sleeve and ships in a heavy cardboard tube.
$200 plus $15 shipping (plus applicable sales tax) gets the print to your door.

Framing Option
By keeping choices limited and framing for the art (not the sofa and drapes), a pretty darned good price can be offered.
The frame: black satin finished wooden frame that measures 1" wide by 7/8" deep.
The outside dimensions of the frame are 26" x 21-1/2".
Your print will be displayed behind a single, reverse-bevel cut archival mat in one of two colors, best described as "Coffee" and "Flagstone" (see the images below. Please keep in mind exact color matching isn't possible on computer monitors).
Acrylic glazing (won't shatter like glass does when shipped).
Wire hanger and hook/nail (supplied).
Certificate of Authenticity included.
$275 plus $25 shipping (plus applicable sales tax) will get the framed print to your door.

Please allow three weeks for delivery.
Each print is made as the order is received and as multiple signatures are required on each sheet, a lot of behind-the-scenes handling will be going on.

Half of the proceeds from each sale will be donated toward the Ron Hood Memorial Fund FBO Jesse Hood.

Check, money order, Visa/MasterCard, PayPal.

You may order it at the HoodsWoods store, which will link you to my site,
or go directly here:
http://fritzart.com/..._artwork_prints

Peace.
ht

Detail Images

Close-up view of the inscription on the print.
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/imhoodat/InscriptionDetail.jpg

Example of framed print behind "Coffee" mat.
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/imhoodat/Coffee.jpg

Example of framed print behind "Flagstone" mat.
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/imhoodat/Flagstone.jpg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users