The Hoodlums: Happy Hood-Iverzary - The Hoodlums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy Hood-Iverzary Today I am 1 Hoodlum year old!

#1 User is offline   adapt-overcome-conquer 

• Maple Sugar Britches
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Foundation Member

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hard to believe it’s been 365 days since I wrote my intro about “learning from the masters”
Time flies when you’re having fun. If you’d have asked me 366 days ago, if one could form real friendships through a screen and keyboard, with people they have never met, thousands of miles away, I’d probably have said no- but what the hell did I know.

I have learned so much here: how to strike a platform, how to strike a pressure point, how to hide in plain sight, how to brain tan a hide, how to slice a “pie”, how to layer my gear, how to survive almost anything, how to make almost anything from almost nothing…how to keep ground beef for 15+ years, what Muddy does on his days off, how to read between the lines, how to voice an opinion, when I shouldn’t voice my opinion (hee hee working on that), how to use a stone as toilet paper,

I could go on and on…..about history, film, travel, food, politics, blade-ware, mini kits, shelter, cordage, secure passwords, squirrel snares, lady boys and dry tinder!

Above all I’ve learned about community. I am not alone in my thoughts and my ways, I am part of a strong and vibrant community of survivors and I feel lucky! Seeing the shear amount of amazing folks here has restored my faith in humanity. I have made meaningful friendships on here that will last a lifetime.

Thank you Ron, Karen and each and every one of ya’z for your knowledge, patience and wisdom and the laughs, oh- my -dear- god -the laughs! :lol:/>

To you “special” Hoodlums that have mentored me from day 1- you’ve made this one of the most memorable years of my little life and welcomed me like long lost family into the fold! Yeah, you know who you are :yes:/> I'll definetly be re-newing my membership for the foundation with the automatic re-newal option this time.

You guys rock!!!

AOC

#2 User is offline   george of the J 

• Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:06 AM

I'm sure we're all glad you're here, AOC. Thanks for sharing your experiences and bringing so much enthusiasm to the forum.

---George

This post has been edited by george of the J: 14 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

#3 User is offline   Bill Hay 

• Hard Rider... The Posse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: The Posse

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

How nice, AOC. You really DID learn a lot!! :thumbsup:/> Congrats, and the learning should never stop.

#4 User is offline   adapt-overcome-conquer 

• Maple Sugar Britches
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

I mean, I learned of those things Bill :D/> I'll never stop learning, as long as I am here!! I'll perfect these techniques one day.

AOC

#5 User is offline   TheArcherWife 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

A year already? WOW! Time flies! Been great to have you here. Been wonderful getting to know another like minded hoodlumette :)/> Really value our friendship we have formed, and look forward to our face to face meeting one day soon hopefully. Take care, and glad you found a "home" here! Big hugs enjoy your day.

#6 User is offline   jbarrow 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Fantastic! And on pi day as well! :thumbsup:/>

#7 User is offline   adapt-overcome-conquer 

• Maple Sugar Britches
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostTheArcherWife, on 14 March 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

A year already? WOW! Time flies! Been great to have you here. Been wonderful getting to know another like minded hoodlumette :)/>/> Really value our friendship we have formed, and look forward to our face to face meeting one day soon hopefully. Take care, and glad you found a "home" here! Big hugs enjoy your day.

:yes:/> me too!!!

xoxoxo

#8 User is offline   TheArcher 

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

AOC,

This place is a better place because of people like you. Ron and Karen's vision for this forum was a way he could offer support for their videos. But it grew into so much more. It is the support of people just like you that makes this place thrive.

Curtis

#9 User is offline   TN RIDGE ROVER 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

If ya ever get a clone, make sure she signs up too!:yes:/>/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic