• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Forum Intro Why its a good idea

#1 User is offline   TN RIDGE ROVER 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Foundation Member

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:19 AM

My first experience on the Hoods Woods forum was with the original forum. Internet access was only for a few minutes at a time. This was at the local library. I did not have time to log in, but only to observe.

After my first computer purchase, it was a while before I chose to "log in". I remember logging in on a Tuesday and I was homeless by Friday! Due to life stresses, it was a while before I was able to post an intro. I was busy with home repair. During that period, my forum time was very limited and precious. When things improved, it was with great joy I finally had time to post an intro and soon joined the foundation. These things are not mandatory, but I've found out why they are so helpful.

As I have explored the internet dating scene, I reject all without a picture. My thoughts are what are they trying to hide? An intro is like a picture showing who you are, not a biography but your general location and just a little about you. Privacy is respected, so be sensible.

This forum consists of a respectable mixture of survival masters, instructors, students, and beginners. An introduction gives everyone an idea of your level of expertise. We have some very interesting people here who want to be your friends. Its all about strangers becoming internet friends. Most importantly, an intro helps weed out predators [forum flamers], those who would compromise the integrity of this forum and all whom are associated with it. These people will be dealt with when identified! Even if you never post, its nice knowing who's watching!

I'd like to thank the moderators who've helped me with "computer stupid" questions like using the enter key to separate paragraphs!

You should find your forum experience to be both entertaining and most informative as I have. You know, just like the videos! Remember, an intro is just a simple tool to turn a stranger into a friend!

This post has been edited by TN RIDGE ROVER: 06 May 2006 - 05:40 AM

#2 User is offline   Gossman Knives 

• Edged Toolmaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:36 AM

Very well said TN. Since I've gotten involved with the different forums and online communities like this one and the other knife related forums, I feel like i have a mountain of friends I've never met or even talked to. Amazing what words typed on a forum or email can generate. :)/>
Scott

#3 User is offline   Bill Hay 

• Hard Rider... The Posse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: The Posse

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:10 AM

Well said, TRR! Let's pin this up, so new visitors can benefit from your insights.

Bill

#4 User is offline   Kailyst 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Master Hoodlum

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

Well said, TN RR!!! Since becoming a HOODLUM, I have grown, learned, :)/> flirted, :wub:/> laughed, :P/> cried, http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/Kailyst/Smileys/crybaby.gif gotten angry :cursing:/> and sometimes a bit cranky! :blush:/> The Hoodlums have gotten me through many of lifes trials and tribulations, such as a crack-head husband, a lost love and some minor surgery, among other things.

I've made friends I have yet to meet and met friends I never knew I had. I cannot imagine life WITHOUT Hoodlums being a part of it!!!!

We're all FAMILY here and I, for one, LOVE each and every HOODLUM here!!! Thanks Karen and Ron for making this possible!!!http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/Kailyst/Misc%20Pics/CrazyLoveSmiley.gif

An introduction is only polite when you 'meet' the folks!!! It lets us know something about you and gives a chance to welcome you - in HOODLUM STYLE - to our family.http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/Kailyst/Misc%20Pics/Bang.gif

K-Gal

This post has been edited by Kailyst: 11 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

#5 User is offline   Limey Pete 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

I agree TN that it would be a good idea to post a picture of ones self as a forum member, but I dare not.
I am a serial freight train rider and who knows one day laws might change in the USA. The FBI might want to track me down! Don’t laugh the way things are going with the US home safety this law could be enacted
Suffice to say I am unable to display my gnarled but handsome visage on this forum.

Yours incognito but with sincere regards

:)/> Limey Pete

PS: That’s not my real name by the way.

:D/>

#6 User is offline   TN RIDGE ROVER 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for your comments LP, but the picture I'm refering to is a virtual picture, a description of the person about to join the Hoodlums Adventure Team!

#7 User is offline   TN RIDGE ROVER 

• Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:17 AM

Post Script:

Due to the complexity of the Internet experience, one man's humor can be seen as another person's disrespect. One can even misinterpret simple opinion as a personal attack. Hash it out thru a Personal Message {PM}. Don't drag all of us thru the mud. It was most likely a misunderstanding anyway. Friendly feuds, sarcastic, in addition to other distortions of humor are the norm. Its all fun! Don't be offended, we are a happy family!

Rover out!

This post has been edited by TN RIDGE ROVER: 20 August 2006 - 04:06 AM

#8 User is offline   Muddyboots 

• Hard Rider...The Posse
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: The Posse

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:52 PM

Thanks Rover!

Well done!

If you're new, back up to the "WELCOME TO THE HOODLUMS!" section and click on the "New Topic" button near the upper right corner. You get a whole new topic all to your self!

Or if you can't follow that, CLICK HERE!
Muddyboots,

The Hoodlum's Posse (the Law 'round here!)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users