The Hoodlums: Howdy All - The Hoodlums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Howdy All New member

#1 User is offline   Illini 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 327
  • Joined: 13-October 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

I joined a few days ago and have spent a lot of time reading many informative posts. You've gotten me interested in getting outdoors more for some camping.

I'm retired and live in Illinois. Love the website and the congeniality and helpful attitude of all here.

Illini

#2 User is offline   OL' OutLaw 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Official Hoodlum
  • Posts: 632
  • Joined: 18-October 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostIllini, on 19 October 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

I joined a few days ago and have spent a lot of time reading many informative posts. You've gotten me interested in getting outdoors more for some camping.

I'm retired and live in Illinois. Love the website and the congeniality and helpful attitude of all here.

Illini


Well, I haven't been here very long, but Welcome to the Board... I joined a couple days ago, and it doesn't seem to be very active...
mayhap it's just the lull before the storm..

#3 User is offline   TheArcherWife 

  • Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Foundation Member
  • Posts: 3,010
  • Joined: 11-December 06

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here...always room for 1 more!

Enjoy your time reading, and feel free to share your experiences as well!

-thearcherwife

#4 User is offline   TheArcher 

  • Hard Rider...The Posse Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 8,182
  • Joined: 24-November 06

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostOL, on 19 October 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostIllini, on 19 October 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

I joined a few days ago and have spent a lot of time reading many informative posts. You've gotten me interested in getting outdoors more for some camping.

I'm retired and live in Illinois. Love the website and the congeniality and helpful attitude of all here.

Illini


Well, I haven't been here very long, but Welcome to the Board... I joined a couple days ago, and it doesn't seem to be very active...
mayhap it's just the lull before the storm..

Welcome the lack of activity has to do with time of year my friend. Hoodlums talk the talk and walk the walk and right now it is hunting season. Many of our members are in the woods hunting some chow. If you have any questions give me a holler.

Curtis

#5 User is offline   OL' OutLaw 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Official Hoodlum
  • Posts: 632
  • Joined: 18-October 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hey Archer ....

Yep, I know about hunting season...I was raised in OryGun, and hunted for 50 years or so....

and I do have a Question... Where would I post a inquiry for California Members,
(I retired to Hemet, Ca.), who would like to do some Backpacking ? (not REAL strenuous, I'm old)
I'm new, and not sure where to post this kind of inquiry ?

thanks Archer,

Skip

This post has been edited by OL' OutLaw: 19 October 2012 - 10:45 AM


#6 User is offline   TheArcherWife 

  • Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Foundation Member
  • Posts: 3,010
  • Joined: 11-December 06

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostOL, on 19 October 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hey Archer ....

Yep, I know about hunting season...I was raised in OryGun, and hunted for 50 years or so....

and I do have a Question... Where would I post a inquiry for California Members,
(I retired to Hemet, Ca.), who would like to do some Backpacking ? (not REAL strenuous, I'm old)
I'm new, and not sure where to post this kind of inquiry ?

thanks Archer,

Skip


Hi Skip

I don't know if your question was specifically asked to TheArcher, but he is at work now, and I am his wife, and can answer your question I believe fairly well. Go to the main board index and make a post in the section called RENDEZVOUS FOR YOU. That is where people post upcoming get togethers, activities, and such. So post your question in there, and you should get some replies. Good luck, and if you have more questions...ask 'em and someone will do their best to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the question.

-JoAnna (thearcherwife)

#7 User is offline   OL' OutLaw 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Official Hoodlum
  • Posts: 632
  • Joined: 18-October 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

OkyDoky JoAnna, Thanks for the reply... :D/>

I will most certainly give it a go...

#8 User is offline   Illini 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 327
  • Joined: 13-October 12

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hello Outlaw, Archer, and Archer'sWife,

I'm a bowhunter too so am outside when I get a chance. We've had a lot of rain here recently and the place I hunt is not accessible right now. Waiting for a little sunshine to dry it out and then it's back to the timber.

#9 User is offline   pix 

  • Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Master Hoodlum
  • Posts: 2,546
  • Joined: 07-November 08

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hey Illi',

Welcome to the "Hood"!

About being a little slow, you never know from one day to the next. If you have a comment to make on a post, do it, we're all friends here! B)/> Start topics on things you are interested in, or questions you may have.

Jump in...

Pix :D/>

#10 User is offline   Grizzly Dave 

  • Hard rider....the posse (!)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Posse
  • Posts: 10,277
  • Joined: 03-January 05

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Welcome enjoy your stay

Griz

#11 User is offline   EdD270 

  • Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Master Hoodlum
  • Posts: 1,172
  • Joined: 25-July 08

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostIllini, on 19 October 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

I joined a few days ago and have spent a lot of time reading many informative posts. You've gotten me interested in getting outdoors more for some camping.

I'm retired and live in Illinois. Love the website and the congeniality and helpful attitude of all here.

Illini

Welcome, Illini, from the White Mountains of Arizona.

#12 User is offline   doctari 

  • Master Hoodlum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Master Hoodlum
  • Posts: 1,150
  • Joined: 07-July 10

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi Illini and welcome. I am in Chicago myself. I have just started taking up archery as well although I'm sure your way more advanced than I am.
We have a few other members in IL as well. Man its starting to look like we might have enough for a get together soon.

This post has been edited by doctari: 26 October 2012 - 01:15 PM


#13 User is offline   Illini 

  • Official Hoodlum
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 327
  • Joined: 13-October 12

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postdoctari, on 26 October 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hi Illini and welcome. I am in Chicago myself. I have just started taking up archery as well although I'm sure your way more advanced than I am.
We have a few other members in IL as well. Man its starting to look like we might have enough for a get together soon.


Bowhunting is super cuz you have a very long season and gorgeous fall weather to enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users