Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum
Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Printable Version

+- Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum (http://forum.hoodswoods.net)
+-- Forum: Hoodlum Skills Forums (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Backpacking and Gear Testing (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. (/showthread.php?tid=49709)

Pages: 1 2

Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Limey Pete - 01-19-2018

What items are good that armies of the world issue to their forces?
For instance I can think of a few.

The Swiss Army Knife.

The US P38 can opener.

British Army mess tins.

The German Army Jerry can.

Any more?

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - quietmike - 01-19-2018

Wool pants
Poncho
Fleece jackets
BDUs

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Grizzly Dave - 01-19-2018

The Canadian military issues the Russell #3 Boat and #4 Survival knives top shelf items both.
The Canadian Arctic Parka although heavy in weight might be one of the best  in the world
The new Canadian Ranger patrol rifle is manufactured by Sako of Finland but assembled by Colt Canada.

Griz

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - ddennis2 - 01-20-2018

Do you have photos of the rifle and specs?

DD

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Limey Pete - 01-20-2018

A few more:
British Army headover.
More adaptable than a balaclava.
Buy one in wool if possible
USA MREs.
Others issue MREs, but none are as good as US Army MREs
German Army Flecktarn jacket.
I bought mine in Fort Worth. So many good advantages that I cannot list them all.
They now have a German Army Gore-Tex Flecktarn jacket.

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - WetFootWilley - 01-22-2018

The venerable woobie needs to go on this list

WFW

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - rcwalla - 01-23-2018

The british wooly pully
the shemagh
the Marine Kabar
The AF survival knife
Nomex gloves

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Limey Pete - 01-23-2018

How can it be a AF survival knife when it does not have a little compass in the top Rich?

Tongue

Woodies are good, I saw one in a jacket form once.
They are very warm for the weight they are.

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 12:54 PM)WetFootWilley Wrote: The venerable woobie needs to go on this list

WFW

What's a woobie?

I'll add

Chapstick original-plain.

and I heard they discontinued trioxane bars for MRE heating??? What do they issue now, cuz I love that stuff....

AOC

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Tn Ridge Rover - 01-24-2018

(01-23-2018, 09:11 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:54 PM)WetFootWilley Wrote: The venerable woobie needs to go on this list

WFW

What's a woobie?

I'll add

Chapstick original-plain.

and I heard they discontinued trioxane bars for MRE heating??? What do they issue now, cuz I love that stuff....

AOC

Everyone knows a woobie is a baby wookie!

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Bob_Spr - 01-24-2018

M65 field jacket

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - rcwalla - 01-25-2018

(01-23-2018, 09:16 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: How can it be a AF survival knife when it does not have a little compass in the top Rich?

Tongue

Limey, It is good to hear from you old friend.   The US airforce survival knife is plain jane and ugly but functional kinda like some brits I know.

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - WayneH - 01-25-2018

I loved my poncho liner.
The poncho was ok.  It kept a person's body mostly dry, but I think they were designed to pour directly into your boots regardless of how tall the wearer is.

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - Limey Pete - 01-26-2018

(01-25-2018, 12:21 AM)rcwalla Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:16 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: How can it be a AF survival knife when it does not have a little compass in the top Rich?

Tongue

Limey, It is good to hear from you old friend.   The US airforce survival knife is plain jane and ugly but functional kinda like some brits I know.

Alas Rich, this Brit does not become functional until ten in the morning nowadays, due to the adverse effects of being a Pattaya Sin City playboy.  Wink

The forum does not read much from Luke lately; did he ever move to Idaho?

RE: Here is a question that might generate some new ideas for equipment. - rcwalla - 01-27-2018

(01-26-2018, 08:40 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 12:21 AM)rcwalla Wrote:

Tongue

Alas Rich, this Brit does not become functional until ten in the morning nowadays, due to the adverse effects of bring a Pattaya Sin City playboy.  Wink

The forum does not read much from Luke lately; did he ever move to Idaho?
I don't see or hear much from Luke. Since I moved up into the Snob Hill part of town, it is about an hour and a half to get over to his place.