Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum
New quiver - Printable Version

+- Hoods Woods New Hoodlums Forum (http://forum.hoodswoods.net)
+-- Forum: Hoodlum Skills Forums (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Hoodlum Workshop-Photos Please (http://forum.hoodswoods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New quiver (/showthread.php?tid=49740)

New quiver - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 02-15-2018

Hey! you guys check this out--ever since I started archery I have dreamed and fantasized about the day I could buy a quiver like the one I really wanted! That day has arrived! [attachment=9315] My custom quiver arrived yesterday from our very own master craftsman Kid (Jason) Coteau! Oh my god...its perfect I tell ya! [attachment=9317] [attachment=9319]

Heart Big Grin All I wanted and MORE- all leather, adjustable waist and chest strap, hardwood bottom, lined with sentimental value--my grannys old fox fur coat-  [attachment=9318]  -to dampen the arrow noise while hunting! WOW...I dont deserve such finery! and I got the family price. What a special life time piece I have--with matching knife! and custom sheaths for my broadheads--so I can carry extra arrows strapped to the side of it![attachment=9322][attachment=9323][attachment=9325] I can draw from this one so much better than what I had before! Cant wait to get out there...I make my own arrows, bows and strings but some things--you just need a pro like Kid Coteau to do it for you! I LOVE IT...So pleased!

Thanks Kid!

AOC

RE: New quiver - Theophilus - 02-15-2018

Nice!

I noticed some pointy things in the pictures . . . bragging about those too, eh?!! (I'm talking about the knives in the photos . . . lest DD think otherwise!).
Theo

RE: New quiver - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 02-16-2018

(02-15-2018, 10:18 PM)Theophilus Wrote: Nice!

I noticed some pointy things in the pictures . . . bragging about those too, eh?!!  (I'm talking about the knives in the photos . . . lest DD think otherwise!).
 Theo

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  hahah yup wouldn't want "DD" getting the wrong ideas eh preacher man? hahaha...Kid threw in a matching knife and beautiful sheath...the guys so freaking talented...its amazing! Ill treasure this piece forever.

AOC

RE: New quiver - Grizzly Dave - 02-16-2018

The kid is a top shelf craftsman no doubt about that Smile

RE: New quiver - Tn Ridge Rover - 02-17-2018

I saw that on Facebook. That's a super nice quiver! haven't seen anything that could touch it a store. Ebay would have a high price on that one but I bet you would outbid any price!

RE: New quiver - Andre DuMouchel - 02-18-2018

Words that come to mind, Special, Museum Quality, Piece of Art, Form following function, inspired.

A joy to look at, likely a joy to touch and a privilege to use and to own.

When combined with a bow, and arrows of your own manufacture you are representative of a rare few people in the modern world.

Potentially a more spiritual connection between you and the meat portion of the food that you eat.

Make meat and continue to turn old men into Fanboys!

RE: New quiver - Adapt-Overcome-Conquer - 02-20-2018

(02-16-2018, 09:57 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: The kid is a top shelf craftsman no doubt about that Smile

oh my gosh, he is indeed! I now have like 5 of his knives, 2 of his quivers...he is so so talented! I am grateful!

(02-17-2018, 02:26 AM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I saw that on Facebook. That's a super nice quiver! haven't seen anything that could touch it a store. Ebay would have a high price on that one but I bet you would outbid any price!

well Kid gave me the family price so it didn't hurt my wallet too much, I wanted to give a bit extra so I sent that whiskey that he loves so much...then he sent me an extra knife and my god the cycle continues Big Grin

(02-18-2018, 11:00 PM)Andre DuMouchel Wrote: Words that come to mind, Special, Museum Quality, Piece of Art, Form following function, inspired.

A joy to look at, likely a joy to touch and a privilege to use and to own.

When combined with a bow, and arrows of your own manufacture you are representative of a rare few people in the modern world.

Potentially a more spiritual connection between you and the meat portion of the food that you eat.

Make meat and continue to turn old men into Fanboys!

Thanks Andre Big Grin  oh yes indeed, people who have grown their own food or hunted their own meat  have a special appreciation every bite...one thing survival taught me...how little I really need, and never to waste.

and hey! some men just like a lady with primitive skills! I am a big fan of you all too!

AOC

RE: New quiver - mjh - 03-03-2018

Nice quiver indeed, will last through many decades of the hunt....