Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is for the over 50 crowd
If you were into hiking,back packing and climbing in the 70's. You will remember Wilderness Experience,they made packs and stuff. Well,do you remember the klettersack. It was a day pack size made for the most part for climbers. It was a very popular pack,people are still using some of the old ones from the 70's. Well,one of the former owners of Wilderness Experience got back the rights to the original klettersack,and he has a kick starter going on right now. They will be using the original design and the same materials as the 70's pack. And it's not a bad deal for a high end day pack,75.00. Some of you old farts may be interested in this.
I had one, used it for rock climbing. It was a pretty good pack...

Here's the Kickstarter link for anyone interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ico...ss-experie

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Thanks!
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
They look good but people stopped buying them because other sacks appeared that were better.
I would buy one, but they are not worth $75 - and I do not have sideburns anymore.

Tongue
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Remember gentlemen it is not just France we are fighting for, it's champagne."
Churchill 

(05-22-2019, 08:19 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: They look good but people stopped buying them because other sacks appeared that were better.
I would buy one, but they are not worth $75 - and I do not have sideburns anymore.

Tongue

Thank goodness you're back Pete.............I could hear crickets Sad
They do seem like a good pack! 75$ aint bad for this day in age....

the guy with the sideburns climbing the mountain on the kickstarter page looks suspiciously like our resident "rat bastahd" FROM 1970... but I thought he only liked kelty external frames Wink so it musn't be him!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(05-22-2019, 03:48 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: They do seem like a good pack! 75$ aint bad for this day in age....

the guy with the sideburns climbing the mountain on the kickstarter page looks suspiciously like our resident "rat bastahd" FROM 1970... but I thought he only liked kelty external frames Wink so it musn't be him!

AOC

75.00 is a very good price,when you look at the materials they are using. I am getting one because it takes me back to those much simpler days in the 70's. I would go back to those day's in a heart beat.
(05-22-2019, 01:53 PM)Deerstalker Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:19 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: They look good but people stopped buying them because other sacks appeared that were better.

Tongue

Yes I am back in Sin City sat comatose, staring over a bottle of beer at half naked Go Go girls waggling their bums at me!
I have been gripped by sin and alcohol, but am now recovered enough to take an interest in the forum again.
(05-23-2019, 07:15 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 01:53 PM)Deerstalker Wrote:

Tongue

Yes I am back in Sin City sat comatose, staring over a bottle of beer at half naked Go Go girls waggling their bums at me!
I have been gripped by sin and alcohol, but am now recovered enough to take an interest in the forum again.

Big Grin Big Grin  hahah you're not the only one Pete! We'll repent together and make amends ….by starting or adding to a post...and 3 hail; marys!!!

AOC

(05-22-2019, 08:53 PM)7.62 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:48 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: They do seem like a good pack! 75$ aint bad for this day in age....

AOC

75.00 is a very good price,when you look at the materials they are using. I am getting one because it takes me back to those much simpler days in the 70's. I would go back to those day's in a heart beat.

Your damned right about that--I think I was born in the wrong era!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(05-22-2019, 08:53 PM)7.62 Wrote:

AOC

Yes 7.62,  I miss the flowered shirts, and yet here in the tropics, my shirts are  just as gaudy as there were back in the 70s.

Tongue
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Remember gentlemen it is not just France we are fighting for, it's champagne."
Churchill 

(05-28-2019, 07:06 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I miss the flowered shirts, and yet here in the tropics, my shirts are  just as gaudy as there were back in the 70s.

Tongue

How about the mo?

Huh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merv_Hughes
(05-28-2019, 10:49 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 07:06 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I miss the flowered shirts, and yet here in the tropics, my shirts are  just as gaudy as there were back in the 70s.

Tongue

How about the mo?

Huh

???
(05-29-2019, 06:41 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:

Tongue

How about the mo?

Huh

???

............a reference to 70's fashions Pete Rolleyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum,_P.I.
(05-29-2019, 09:41 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 06:41 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:

Tongue

How about the mo?

Huh

???

............a reference to 70's fashions Pete Rolleyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum,_P.I.

Tom Selleck is very popular in Britain.