Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest Ferro Rod ?
What is the smallest ferro rod avalable ?
Tear apart a disposable lighter and get the "flint" out. It's a ferro rod and the smallest I know about.
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.
The Hoods sell some small ferro rods in the online store.
"By what you decide to do today, you will be a good man or not"

"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.."

HOOF HEARTED?
Welding torch stiker flint. WW
As I am sure you know small comes with a price.

The price is hard to use and break easy.

I had several small ferro rods and they all broke. Now I only carry the thicker ones.

Just a food for thought.

Andrew
http://www.armadillosheaths.com (custom Kydex Sheaths) kydex for Buck Hoodlum or punk blade available!!

Armadillo Sheaths now on facebook

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne, The Shootist
The Coghlan's Plastic Matchbox used to have a small ferro rod on the bottom. I am not sure if the new ones have one or not.

http://www.rei.com/product/678278
[quote name='menotknow' date='07 February 2011 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1297071999' post='509410']

What is the smallest ferro rod avalable ?

[/quote]

What is your intended use for "... the smallest ferro rod..." and where/how do you intend to carry it??

L.W.
"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, captain, clipper ship, 1830s.)
Zippo replacement flints:

.jpg   zippo_flint.jpg (Size: 7.59 KB / Downloads: 1)

Muddyboots
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased!

Thus do we refute entropy. -S. Robinson

Communication is a Survival Skill! So is critical thinking!

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

The Boy Scouts make a sparker that is quite small, length is about the size of a car key. It is made to hang off a key ring.
You beat me Muddy.
No idols. No heros. No leaders. (Just pure inner strength)

People who lack the strength to be themselves are always trying to tear down those who do.

"Have you paid your dues?" "Yes sir I paid my dues the check is in the mail" Jack Burton

Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. Aristotle

Adversity is like a flame. It melts the weak, but it tempers the strong.
check some of these out.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page...408892c063

its a link to a bunch of blank Rods available.
I will shoulder my musket and brandish my sword,

In defence of this land and the word of the Lord.
[url="http://firesteel.com/products/FireSteel-Miniature.html#"]This[/url] might be the tiniest one which is of any real practicality.

Klaatu
"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee. And the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee. Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee, and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind."

"Government is NOT a solution to our problem. Government IS the problem."

--Ronald Reagan

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

Sometimes I think I'm my own biggest fan. Is that wrong?

Die biting the throat.
This is one I made a few years ago

[Image: firestick.jpg]
"Fred has issues"
I found a rather unique key chain lighter today. It is about 1.25"x1.00"x0.50". It has a container for lighter fluid with a screwdown cap that has a combination striker / wick at the bottom and a small ferro rod on the outside. I will try & get a picture of it posted. It was made in Hong Kong.