Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Wrong With Wolves?
BT gets a Bullseye
Brian In MA "There are only 2 questions why and why not the trouble is asking the right one"

"Yes of course, Guns are to shoot things--or more precisely, to perforate things at a distance. Knives are to cut things. String is to tie things and the purpose of matches and lighters is to set things on fire. Jeff Cooper
I have no idea why this has come up again. We've had extensive discussions on the topic and if someone wants to troll, we will stop that right now. If not, do a search. Meawhile

http://saveelk.com/wolf_085.htm

The wolves here are not native. They are huge 200lb animals. They do not kill for food, they kill for sport. They kill elk, deer, turkeys, cats, dogs, cattle and sheep. Several hunters have gone missing. Recently a pack attacked two hunters as they cleaned their Elk. They have threatened people on trails and where there were supposed to only be a "Few" Wolves (Endorsed by some ignorant fuck who wanted to change a working eco system) we now have thousands. The numbers reported by Biologist shills are always lower than those reported by other agencies.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/de...wolf_1009/

If you like wolves, move the fucking things to YOUR state and enjoy them. People with the "Love the wolf" attitude forced us to take them and an ignorant, self serving, half educated, on the take, judge in Montana put them on the protected list after federal and state agencies de-listed them.

If the effect on wildlife is not enough Wolves carry over 50 different diseases that kill wildlife. Even a nip from a wolf can kill it's prey over long agonizing weeks or months. The infected carcass then becomes a vector for other predators who are in turn killed by the diseases. You can do your own research on this.

I used to be able to hike into certain areas of the Rockies here and enjoy fishing, hunting and relaxing. Now the game is gone and the idea of taking my son to those places is frightening. Despite stupid shit like "Never cry wolf" these are not gentle dogs. A child is food as are pets. For the last several years we have been damned with whitetail all over our property. Might sound good but it isn't. They eat our garden, tear down our fences, chew up the lawn shit on everything and we can't kill them because we live too close to others. Why are they here? because a huge wolf pack has driven them down here. How long before the wolves come HERE looking for food? Now we will have a real problem.

Our Elk herds have been managed effectively by hunting for many decades. Now, few fill their tags. The animals coming down are shadows of their former selves because the wolves harass the herds and in the winter the herds need to stand and dig down for food. They aren't allowed that so they eat bark, which kills trees) and inhibits growth. The young Elk, such as they are in the declining birthrate, are easy prey for huge wolf packs. Again, I want to remind you that these are not the smallish 100lb animals we had here natively. These are animals that range over 200lbs.

I invite anyone who loves Wolves to come here and camp in one of their valleys weaponless and make friends. I'll pick your bones out of their shit later in the year.

Fuck wolves.

Ron
Hind sight is an exact science until historians or politicians get involved.

Nothing is so simple that it can't be misunderstood.

I have regular bowel movements, I just wish they were voluntary...

My dad started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he's 91, and we don't know where he is.

Understand?
[quote name='Ron Hood' date='25 December 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1293304583' post='502192']

I have no idea why this has come up again. We've had extensive discussions on the topic and if someone wants to troll, we will stop that right now. If not, do a search. Meawhile

http://saveelk.com/wolf_085.htm

The wolves here are not native. They are huge 200lb animals. They do not kill for food, they kill for sport. They kill elk, deer, turkeys, cats, dogs, cattle and sheep. Several hunters have gone missing. Recently a pack attacked two hunters as they cleaned their Elk. They have threatened people on trails and where there were supposed to only be a "Few" Wolves (Endorsed by some ignorant fuck who wanted to change a working eco system) we now have thousands. The numbers reported by Biologist shills are always lower than those reported by other agencies.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/de...wolf_1009/

If you like wolves, move the fucking things to YOUR state and enjoy them. People with the "Love the wolf" attitude forced us to take them and an ignorant, self serving, half educated, on the take, judge in Montana put them on the protected list after federal and state agencies de-listed them.

If the effect on wildlife is not enough Wolves carry over 50 different diseases that kill wildlife. Even a nip from a wolf can kill it's prey over long agonizing weeks or months. The infected carcass then becomes a vector for other predators who are in turn killed by the diseases. You can do your own research on this.

I used to be able to hike into certain areas of the Rockies here and enjoy fishing, hunting and relaxing. Now the game is gone and the idea of taking my son to those places is frightening. Despite stupid shit like "Never cry wolf" these are not gentle dogs. A child is food as are pets. For the last several years we have been damned with whitetail all over our property. Might sound good but it isn't. They eat our garden, tear down our fences, chew up the lawn shit on everything and we can't kill them because we live too close to others. Why are they here? because a huge wolf pack has driven them down here. How long before the wolves come HERE looking for food? Now we will have a real problem.

Our Elk herds have been managed effectively by hunting for many decades. Now, few fill their tags. The animals coming down are shadows of their former selves because the wolves harass the herds and in the winter the herds need to stand and dig down for food. They aren't allowed that so they eat bark, which kills trees) and inhibits growth. The young Elk, such as they are in the declining birthrate, are easy prey for huge wolf packs. Again, I want to remind you that these are not the smallish 100lb animals we had here natively. These are animals that range over 200lbs.

I invite anyone who loves Wolves to come here and camp in one of their valleys weaponless and make friends. I'll pick your bones out of their shit later in the year.

Fuck wolves.

Ron

[/quote]

Bravo!! Couldnt have said it better myself Ron!!... The conspiracy nut it me also thinks its another way to keep us from being able to be self sufficiant if we have to be. Control of food seems to be a big agenda these days. I dont venture out very far around here without at least a 454 on my hip.. These creatures are not the noble animal everyone wants to think wolves are IMHO.
Function is beauty, simplicity is the final evolution of complexity.

Take care

Trace...

http://www.THRblades.com

http://www.CustomKnivesandGuns.com

http://www.Shivworks.com
Ron you are right, you hit the nail on the head.

The wolves have wiped out our moose I used to see 5 to 7 moose on my trap line every day bulls, cows and calves now I don't even see tracks.

Stonedog doesn't get it just because he can't afford a guided hunt nobody else should either. The people who are able to afford a guided hunt support the local economy and jobs for the local people. Hunting season is very important the family local Outfitters and Guides. These businesses that have been family owned for generations are going bankrupt because of the wolves.
Don't let reality stand in your way.

Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.
Well apologies Folks

Didnt mean to troll

Like I said we do not have many wolves round here and I was curious

My friend that used to live in Idaho hates them as well.

Just curious too much I guess

Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

No problem Kid and I wasn't accusing you of that. This is the 2nd time in two days this has appeared on our forum.

People like wolves? Adopt one.

Our Governor has declared that Idaho will not enforce federal rules with our game wardens. Bravo.

When some shit wad who loves wolves sees the look on children's faces just after a pack killed off their 4H sheep, they might understand a bit better. We had that happen. The kids spent a year loving and caring for their four sheep. About a month before the fair a pack came in and tore out the bellies, backs and legs of the animals. They did not kill or eat, they just ripped apart the poor sheep. In front of crying children the dad had to kill these sheep. The wolves were on a ridge not far away... howling. It happens a lot here, in Montana and Wyoming.

Wolf control is not a joke nor is it a debate.

Ron

My dad started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he's 91, and we don't know where he is.

Understand?
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Idaho have a season on wolves or was that nixed by some idiot judicial official?
People like wolves? Adopt one.

Our Governor has declared that Idaho will not enforce federal rules with our game wardens. Bravo.

When some shit wad who loves wolves sees the look on children's faces just after a pack killed off their 4H sheep, they might understand a bit better. We had that happen. The kids spent a year loving and caring for their four sheep. About a month before the fair a pack came in and tore out the bellies, backs and legs of the animals. They did not kill or eat, they just ripped apart the poor sheep. In front of crying children the dad had to kill these sheep. The wolves were on a ridge not far away... howling. It happens a lot here, in Montana and Wyoming.

Wolf control is not a joke nor is it a debate.

Ron

[/quote]

Neat observations on what some call the ultimate predator. I haven't been around the animals - that I'm aware of - but my son has been close enough in dark timber to personally hear their footfalls. I'm also not familiar with local reports on their needless ferocity/cruelty, but I've heard of it occurring elsewhere. I don't trust the animal, and always carry when I go near their areas.

I employed the term, "ultimate predator" for a reason. Wyoming had a legal hunting season on wolves found east of Highway 120, until it was overturned by an out-of-state Montana judge. Before that decision was rendered, a local hunter legally bagged a wolf in the badlands east of Cody - where I ride my ATV. Mr. Wolf, the ultimate predator, encountered a long-range sharpshooter, and never knew what hit him. I sure would like that managed hunting season to be reinstated!
Let me put this in perspective...

.jpg   yellowwolf.jpg (Size: 53.37 KB / Downloads: 92)

A few more

[url="http://www.huntandtell.com/2009/06/18/huge-wolf/"]http://www.huntandte...6/18/huge-wolf/[/url]

In the older thread I posed some from Idaho this year. Same size. These are not coyotes. These are massive predators taking down an eco system.

http://www.hoodswoods.net/IVB/index.php?...ntry492594

What kept the wolves in check before? Hunting, Indians, then frontiersmen, then trappers and hunters and now... none of these are there to check them. They are lovely animals best kept in zoos or in the yards of people who love them so damn much they want to place them in MY yard.

When hunting is approved again I have a site and I'm gonna kill a big male I've seen before. I will wear his skin and send the brains to a wolf lover that I know.

Let me add this thread

[url="http://www.hoodswoods.net/IVB/index.php?showtopic=42214&st=0&p=492594&hl=wolf&fromsearch=1&#entry492594"]http://www.hoodswood...=1&#entry492594[/url]

scan down to the photos of the wolf taken just outside of Boise. ID

Ron

Understand?
Don't get me started on this subject... I will just say two things, (1) What Ron said is spot on and the other is, (2) I see a wolf he is dead period.

[Image: Coyotemeat.jpg]

Curtis
- Woodsmaster -

Guide my feet along the trail
Ron, I saw pics of one taken over here in St. Maries that was very similar in size.. The tracks I've seen are enormous.. On the way to Blade show we saw one dead on the highway... He was 200 Lbs at least. The worst pic I've seen was of a dead Elk that had just given birth. The wolves ate the baby but just killed the mother. Its been a while since I've seen one around here. I think the number of harvested wolves has been greatly undercounted if you know what I meanWink
Function is beauty, simplicity is the final evolution of complexity.

Take care

Trace...

http://www.THRblades.com

http://www.CustomKnivesandGuns.com

http://www.Shivworks.com
I had no idea they got that BIG

Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

[quote name='Ron Hood' date='26 December 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1293343372' post='502238']

Let me put this in perspective...

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=5644]

(...)

Ron

[/quote]

As a biology teacher I find it important to point out that, if this photo is indeed real, it would represent the largest wolf documented in recorded history.

An adult wolf very rarely grows to more than 160cm in length. The dimensions of the wolf in the photo is therefore quite sensational.

Working from the current scientific knowledge on the anatomy of wolves my opinion would be that the photo is altered or manipulated in some way. This does not inherently imply "photoshopping" techniques - simple measures as changing viewpoint and perspective can effectively alter the impression of an objects size in a photograph.

As to the current discussion - all predators need to be controlled in numbers by two reasons. Firstly to achieve balance between the predator population and the prey population, secondly to maintain the fear of humans in the predator population. Without this fear, the predators become much more problematic.

Introducing an alien predator to a new ecosystem is thoroughly problematic.
160cm is around 5'3". If the man holding the wolf is 5'9" which is the average male height then there would be no image issues at all. The wolfs haunches are above the guys knees in the picture.
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.
I don't think the picture is doctored. I ran a copy of the original from the website. There is extra data embedded in a jpeg picture. The info indicates certain things about the picture like what type of device took the picture, dimensions, etc. Evidently the picture was taken with a Motorola camera phone. If they had taken it with an iphone you would even have been able to see the Longitude and Latitude as well. I think the animal looks so large because of a trick of perspective. The animal is big but the hunter is not standing up straight and the camera is at a relatively low angle so the man is further away which makes the wolf look bigger comparison. So in perspective the wolf looks massive compared to him. Its big but not bigger than he is. Plus keep the amount of fur in mind too.

The Metadata buried in the picture.

--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------

Tag |Value

Manufacturer |Motorola C.320.02.05.07.07

Model |Megapixel

Orientation |top - left

x-Resolution |72.00

y-Resolution |72.00

Resolution Unit |Inch

Software |M6550B-smakrz-4330

YCbCr Positioning |centered

Compression |JPEG compression

x-Resolution |72.00

y-Resolution |72.00

Resolution Unit |Inch

Exposure Program |Normal program

Exif Version |Exif Version 2.2

Date and Time (origi|2009:05:16 16:39:58

Date and Time (digit|2009:05:16 16:39:58

Components Configura|Y Cb Cr -

Brightness |0.00 EV (3.43 cd/m^2)

Metering Mode |Center-Weighted Average

FlashPixVersion |FlashPix Version 1.0

Color Space |sRGB

PixelXDimension |480

PixelYDimension |640

File Source |DSC

Scene Type |1

Custom Rendered |Custom process

Exposure Mode |Auto exposure

White Balance |Auto white balance

Digital Zoom Ratio |0.00/0.00

Contrast |Normal

Saturation |Normal

Sharpness |Normal

InteroperabilityInde|R98

InteroperabilityVers|0100

Remember, Noah was the ORIGINAL prepper.

Paranoids are just people that know all the facts - Warren Ellis