Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Discreet Gun Case
That is more like a suitcase to me.

The one I have is 36.0 x 5.75 x 2.0 and I call that discreet. I have been looking for a second one, but the manufacturer has discontinued the model I have, and no one makes anything less than almost a stiff sleeping bag now days. I understand having a personal travel model for weapon only and one for with glass and a commercial travelers model for with or without glass. Bigger with more padding and protection is great for commercial travel with rough baggage handlers, but when I am doing the handling and travel is in my own vehicle or that of my friends, I do not need a sleeping bag or suitcase to stuff my rifle in. Does anyone have these same gripes with the manufacturers producing what they want to sell over what people really want and desire?
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
I wish someone would make a discreet gun case that is really discreet.

To the untrained eye maybe it works but to anyone in the gun world it screams GUN STEAL ME.

And not a tennis raquet case that just screams EXPENSIVE RAQUET STEAL ME.

Best one I read about is a guy that was a plumber took a big piece of PVC, broke one end off, put in a false wall and painted over it with poop looking mixture

Capped other end tossed in bed of truck and no one ever stole his gun.

I find the best way is to mod the gun to take up less space. Use a take down and wrap in a bedroll. Add folding stock so it is shorter.

In the old days they made a lot of take down guns for guys so when they traveled they could carry it easier on a train. Not to be discrete just easier.

Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

I have used my soft shell electric guitar case, unfortunately it left when I sold the guitar.

I had a 6.5X54 Mannlicher Schoenar carbine and carried it in a metal box used by a mining company for shipping core samples. no one suspected.

Another time in Northern British Columbia, I carried a pre-64 1894 in 30-30. Just as bear repellent.

We stayed a couple of nights in a hotel in Terrace and there was a big Dene wedding going on and the whole extended family were in the same hotel. I rolled my suitcase in with the 30-30 in a brain tan beaded rifle case strapped to the outside of the rolling suitcase and no one said a word about it. Hiding in the open I guess. I wouldn't try it in New York.

Griz
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
"Small Discreet Gun Case" was the manufacturing companies description for their (36.0 x 14.0 x 12.5) size gun case. This was a soft sided case and it was not billed as a double, triple or quad carrying case, but it was typical of the size found for a short carbine in the slightly less than 36 inch length.

The 36.0 x 5.75 x 2.0 case I have, was used for comparison to illustrate what I consider discreet, but in reality very few gun cases are discreet, or disguised either for as that matter, with the possible exception of a few of the attache type pistol cases. I just don't care for a case nearly three times as wide and over six times as thick as I need it to be. That is a lot of wasted space for the rifle to slip & slide around inside of.
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
I knew a dr that used a violin case so maybe think along those lines - clarinets/obos/etc come in sections so the cases are  square and thin.
Steve
  • Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but it can get there real fast.
  • Losing an illusion makes you smarter than finding a truth - Ludwig Borne
  • Always remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
  • This is more fun than beating a tree hugger with a dead baby seal.