Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Sights
Good post. A lot of folks seem to have forgotten about irons. I especially like a good peep sight. In my book any serious weapon needs to have good irons in addition to any optics that may be on it. Marcus
http://www.OffRoadPrepared.com

Off road, BOV and Overland Outfitters

Parts, gear, tech articles, forums and more

As seen in Survival Quarterly Wink
A very good post. All of my working rifles Marlin 336, Savage Scout, and Springfield M1A have receiver sights. I wouldn't leave home without them.

Muleskinner,
He who hesitates is lost.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

You can lead a fool to talk, but you can't make him think.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy, and sometimes I let her sleep.

There are damm few problems that can't be fixed, with a long handled shovel and a thirty ought six.
Thank all who have responded for their replies.

Bitswap: You have done a very nice job with your 600's receiver sight--you should be both proud and happy to have that rifle with that sight so nicely done.

--ML
Great post as usual, ML.
Don't be intimidated by the colossal challenge of saving the world; there are as many worlds as there are people. Save yours, the one made up of the life you share with the ones around you. Where one flower blooms, a million more will follow.

Non serviam.
I'll pin this for the nonce, and after folks have had a chance to respond, I'll move it ot the FAQs.

Thanks for another tremendous post, ML, good info that is being rapidly lost in the gun world today.

Bill

ML, thanks for contributing another outstanding post. You never cease to educate and amaze. I'm considering putting a reciever sight on one of my muzzleloaders now.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."

Ayn Rand

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein