Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoodlum Vs. Anaconda?
Do you carry a firearm Chris?
Not yet.. I carried my fathers guns when I was little when we went hunting but I always preferred archery. However I am taking a class for my Class A firearms licence in a few weeks and then I'll be purchasing some kind of a firearm for home protection. For hunting I will probably still prefer my bow.

[quote name='Scottman' timestamp='1394140481' post='588822']

Do you carry a firearm Chris?

[/quote]
Chris LeBlanc

Boston MA
No ccw's in MA?
Concealed carry?

[quote name='Scottman' timestamp='1394141244' post='588824']

No ccw's in MA?

[/quote]
Chris LeBlanc

Boston MA
yes concealed carry
Yes we have it but I thought our Class A covered concealed carry. But it's dependent on zone color. So for instance... chelsea here is considered a red zone and there is no concealed carry there. I may be wrong on that but my friends all have class A's and they conceal carry all the time.

The local police chief in Templeton where my parents live will only give someone a Class B if they are applying for the first time and I believe that one does not include conceal carry.

[quote name='Scottman' timestamp='1394143241' post='588827']

yes concealed carry

[/quote]
Chris LeBlanc

Boston MA
got ya.

Try working a pell or animal next time you're out hunting with your thug.
my take on all this is you need to develop your skill set and choice of tools, i have bins full of knives that i have tried out over the last 30 years or so, i like my atax, i like a bushcraft knife as a general purpose knife and i like a one handed trekker SAK for a pocket knife. depending what i have to do , hunting /camping / fooling around i have axes, machetes, a rinaldi armageddon and a a bunch of the condor parangs and goloks, and i have chopped with them all. my chopper that lives on my tractor is a woodsmans pal, it has done a lot of work in the woodlot, the atax is a riding /walking/bushplane flying knife, along with a leatherman supertool. for an elk hunt i carry the knives of alaska brown bear combo.

what i am getting at is that you will need to define your own needs, you may like an axe, machete, large bowie, hatchet,tomahawk or other chopping tool, you will find a lot of use for but you have to determine that. my carry for a woods walk is different that a Alaska hunt or an African hunt or a whitetail hunt. you will define your preferences as you go. my advice to folks that start are the same that Ron gave me in the 1990's- get some inexpensive tools, a hatchet, a machete, a 4 inch blade, a folder, practice with these to define your preferences then buy your more expensive blades, you will find what you like for each task or what you like for each different trip you take..

alex