Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things You Can Carry Openly For Defense.
I am not sure how to start this.

So!

1. A cane can be carried everywhere and no one ever notices. With practice you can learn to defend yourself well with one. I have carried one for years. I have defended myself with it a time or two. Once it's steel meets a bone, the disagreement is over and it has reach.

2. I had the misfortune to be in court for a sentencing. Billy Bigbutt was given 25 yrs. He took it like a man. Picked up a pen to write something. When the timing was right for him, he rammed the bic pen into the top of his Gard's head, killing him.

3. I was in a city when a fool came up to me demanding money, as a hand out. The locals called it aggressive pan handling. I slip my belt off and using it as a 36" whip, from across the shopping cart. I backed him up. By changing my hand hold on the belt, I proceeded to let him know that the buckle up side his head would hurt, if I did that again. When the cops got there, I informed them, I felt threatened by his attempted robbery and wanted him arrested. With him bleeding and on his way to the ER I was told to come down and file a complaint. I was released. He got free room and board for a time. I did file the complaint.

4. I watched a fool grab a womans purse and take off. Once she got her feet under her she let loose with a small solid brass rod about fist size(Role of quarters). She practiced throning this in her yard and caught the guy in the back causing him to drop her purse. In pain, he ran off but finding him was not hard for the cops. He was the guy in the ER the next day with a broken back rib and trouble breathing without pain.

5. I have seen a snot rag that had a role of dimes sewed into it. Seemed like a good way to carry $5 and have something to slap Billy Bigbutt with. Part of it was sticking out of the guys back pocket, ready to be put to use.

6. When I go camping there is a weapons restriction out at the national park. You are not allowed any knife over 4" and no axes or hatchets. One thing I had the chance to do in combat was to use a shovel (Army entrenching tool) as a weapon. My 3.5" Mora, I carry on my hip was looked over with care, by the rangers. The Cold Steel shovel was totally over-looked.

The number of items you can carry, that would make a good stealth weapon, are out there. With some thought, they will be over looked till it is too late for Billy Bigbutt to defend himself. You just have to decide what you want and practice getting it out and practice using it.

Don
Would a pencil thin welding torch you could carry in your shirt pocket make a nice gift? I've seen them advertised in mail order catalogs.

Mariner
those seem like great idias. i have seen the cane demonstrated as a self defense tool. great striking and the hook makes for good joint locks. solid brass rod. cool. people forget how powerful a thrown object can be.
When confronted by an "aggressive panhandler" near my vehicle, I found a handy lugwrench to be very persuasive.
how about a thick glossy magazine rolled into a tube. guns and ammo annual might be the ticket but in these times of political correctness a better homes and garden may be better suited. a big wad of keys on a laynard probably packs a wollop.

Fred Perrin change wallet.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,

But have his weapons to hand,

He knows not when he may need a spear,

Or what menace meet on the road.
The trouble I find in the UK is that anything you carry is looked upon by the Police as a weapon.

At the moment I have a foot problem and require a stick to walk with, so I'm OK on that score. But if I carry anything else and then use it I know for a fact that I will be the one in trouble with the law.
[center]Why don't you slip into something more comfortable.....like a coma?

Never go to bed angry, stay up and plot your revenge.

If there is a Tourist Season then why can't we shoot them?[/center]
How about one of those little spice containers with the flip open tops?

You could fill it with hot pepper

Can you say metsubishi?

Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

When I was a kid, I would carry a pocketfull of salt mixed with fine sand. I threw it in a dog's eyes and it worked really well...enough for my brother and I to get away form the animal. I had an aggressive panhandler follow me one time and I really thought that he was going to try to rob me when nobody was around...I raised a large glass bottle in the air and told him to back the f--k up unless he wanted to be picking glass out of his skull. He called me an asshole, and we were on our way. Just a more aggressive reaction to their aggressive mooching is enough to usually send them on their way. I hate beggars with a passion...really.
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then

you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear

that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

-- DEEP THOUGHTS by Jack Handey
5 cell maglight in daypack or briefcase
Army caribiner, Tactical Tailor riggers belt:

[Image: belt-weapon.jpg]

I use the caribiner as a keychain, it's never gotten a second look from anyone.
Welcome to the internet, you're probably taking it too seriously.

What you see is the result of the perspective you choose.

"Knowledge isn't wisdom unless it's empirical." - My own damn self.

Grand Rapids Michigan
Here[url="http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/Keychains/wildkat.php"] kitty, kitty, kitty[/url].
Steve
  • Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but it can get there real fast.
  • Losing an illusion makes you smarter than finding a truth - Ludwig Borne
  • Always remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
  • This is more fun than beating a tree hugger with a dead baby seal.
A book, preferably hard bound, or a nice, new paper back with a crisp, stiff spine..

I usually prefer some touchy-feely Christian author or some New Age psycho-babble bullshit, just for the irony of it...

As far as I can tell, they haven't outlawed literature, even bad literature, yet...

There is just something indescribably beautiful about a volume of Leo Buscaglia breaking someone's nose or crushing their trach....
I Hear Voices.....And They Don't Like You.

"Further, I propose that this "Moment of Misery" be hence-to-forth be referred to as "Moment of Misery for Misanthropic Yammering", or "MOMMY"!" ~ DDennis2

(what an effing moron. - i feel such pity now for his lovely wife and intelligent children - and maybe even for his food-quality dawg, nick-named "Spicy" sez i.)
In NYC, coffee and other drinks and their containers are often fight enders. A 20 oz Coke sprayed on somebody usually confounds them long enough to try to stick the bottle up their nose.

And that's just the beginning!

Muddyboots
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased!

Thus do we refute entropy. -S. Robinson

Communication is a Survival Skill! So is critical thinking!

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

Muddy

You are a meaner SOB than I thought. If you have a soda and ask me to pass the taters....I'll drop everything and pass the taters

Griz
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.