Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistol Crossbows?
I did a quick search and this looks like the one I had:

http://www.amazon.com/Avalanche-Crossbow...d_sim_sg_3

The Amazon price is less than I paid in 1994.

There are also a lot of complaints about the quality. Apparently it is another one of those products where you could get a functional piece or just as easily get a defective one.
"Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot
that's the one I bought at a show
I just picked up one a couple weeks ago, just for fun.

The model is "The Spark" by Bolt Crossbows, and it was maybe $14.00 or so counting tax. It is better than my old one, being able to hold the bolt even when I point downwards (my old one would let the bolts slide out) and the safety is a better design. It has a stirrup but that is not necessary considering it is maybe 50 lbs.

For the most part the design is the same, and I think these cheap crossbow pistol companies mostly copied from the same source, maybe the Barnett IMP.

It came with three bolts, all cheaply made. The good thing is that they did not break yet.

By adjusting my aim I can hit the archery target at 30 yards, but I doubt there is serious power at that range.

In reading the reviews after I bought it, many people are complaining about the crossbow breaking. If this is common, these are not as durable as my old one. Whatever the other flaws mine had, I shot it hundreds of times over the years before giving it to my brother. I think he lost it.

Overall I still consider these types of crossbows just toys to mess around with and an OK quality air rifle would be a better survival tool.
"Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot