Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Ready?
I found this site interesting and insightful about evacuating from American Cities.

http://orise.orau.gov/csepp/documents/pl...rd2006.pdf
Thanks for sharing that Cando2, looks like an interesting read.

I got one of Rawles books on Audible to see what he was all about. Not at all impressed so far.

Seems to be in the "Buy your way to safety" camp, even though he keeps emphasizing skills. TEOTWAKI has happened in plenty of places around the world, and they're not all mad max army surplus scenes. Far from it actually.
Welcome to the internet, you're probably taking it too seriously.

What you see is the result of the perspective you choose.

"Knowledge isn't wisdom unless it's empirical." - My own damn self.

Grand Rapids Michigan
I am tracking you. Someone else paraphrased things this way " If your in one of the lower ranked cities and have a bug out plan, best to be in the first 5%-10% of the first evacuees". Although this was about vehicles on the roadways, some of these cities have water egress that could factor in possibly . Kansas City surprised me, it is tight getting through there on a good day.
Yeah, I am in Grand Rapids michigan now. Grand river runs into Lake Michigan and it's only 180 miles back to home turf. I can easily bike 50 miles a day and with rivers and lakes as a fallback I'm not too worries. Cities have existed for thousands of years. Only fools believe that we'll go hunter gatherer overnight. Rawles sure made some good money hawking his line of bullshit though.

Grand Rapids Michigan
which book?
How to survive the end of the world as we know it.

Seems to be an "all roads lead to Rome" outlook so far. Doesn't much matter how it goes down, you need to be at your "survival retreat" already with military gear, trained community, tactical and strategic planning, etc.

That's not at all how things were in the great depression, that's not how they are in Liberia currently though they were, and for a time Venezuela was that way, and certainly the middle east. Even with lots of violence most life is day to day life. That's not been the impression I have gotten thus far in this book.

Grand Rapids Michigan