Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome New and Old Members!!!!
Reminds me of a whiteboard.  Just waiting to be written and drawn on.

Fantastic job.  I've missed this place.

Bob
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
Hey, I remember this place!

Been a while, last logged in in 2012. Smile
Wondering why only about half my posts are accounted for here (old site shows 903) as well as why I'm listed by my login instead of Theophilus?

Good to see the new set-up though.
Theophilus
It's good to see the forum up and running.  I have always been more of a lurker than a participant on this board.  Always figured I would learn more by listening and watching how things are done than speaking up and showing I have no idea what I am talking about.  I will try to improve on my participation with this new board. Other than Bill Hay I don't any acquaintances on here and I have only been here since around 03. Kind of  a sad affair. I do have almost all the Hoods Woods videos and have had quite a few of Ron designed knives.  The only other thing that is new in my life is I no longer live in Michigan.   I now live in south east Arizona.
It is so good to be home after hard travels.

(Humbly bows to the Queen of the cave)
"There's nothing wrong with crossing that line a little bit, it's

jumping over it buck naked that will probably get you in trouble..."
(09-05-2017, 02:12 AM)PastorDFireEMT Wrote: Wondering why only about half my posts are accounted for here (old site shows 903) as well as why I'm listed by my login instead of Theophilus?

Some of the oldest discussions were pruned when a few of the original forums were merged or deleted.  While this resulted in post counts dropping for everybody, title ranking and permissions were rearranged also.  The way it works now is newly registered members are shown as "Registered" and the first 5 posts are moderated.  Promotion to "New Hoodlum" is automatic after 5 posts and moderation is discontinued.  When a "New Hoodlum" has 50 posts promotion to "Official Hoodlum" is automatic.  Then at 500 posts the last promotion to "Master Hoodlum" is made.  The new ranking system governs access to a couple of the restricted forums, like "For Sale", since Foundation Membership has been discontinued.

On Login Names: the old forum software accommodated both a Login Name and a Display Name.  The new software does not make this distinction.  If you (or anyone else) would like your Forum ID changed, just PM me and I'll take care of it.  If anyone has problems accessing or using the PM system just start a thread in this "Welcome To The Hoodlums" forum.

One thing to note:  even long time members who have 5 or fewer posts will find themselves in Moderation until they have made the required number of posts.  Sorry for doing that to people who have been around for a long time, but there wasn't an easy way to distinguish between new signups and old signups with no/few posts.  The solution is to make a few meaningful posts and get off moderation.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Good to be back!
Ok, i definitely need to edit my sig line. Anyone know how yet?
Ride life bareback!

"Move to the sound of the guns"

My Orders
My orders are to fight
Then if I bleed, or fail,
Or strongly win, what matters it?
God only doth prevail.

The servant craveth naught
Except to serve with might.
I was not told to win or lose,–

My orders are to fight.

~ Ethelwyn Wetherald
(09-05-2017, 03:26 AM)CPT CAVEMAN Wrote: Ok, i definitely need to edit my sig line. Anyone know how yet?

You should have a link near the top of the page that says "User CP". Click that link and it should take you to your User Control Panel, where you can change your account details. One of the items under "Your Profile" is "Change Signature". Let me know if you have any problems.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Woo Hoo!!!!

Rob6 coming back to camp!

Good to have seen some of you and your daily lives on Facebook where I am Rob Enriquez.

Big Thanks to Dravine for making this possible!
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

How young can you die of old age?

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

-Steven Wright
GZ checking in!!  Steve Jennings on FB and elsewhere.

As soon as I update the Wilderness Survival Resource Directory with the new address for this forum, I'll let everybody know what's going on with it.

Steve
Faith won't get you around troubles, but it can sure help get you through them.

http://www.teensopposingpoverty.org

Squirrels.... Nature's little speed bumps.
I'm checking in.  new format looks good.

L.W.
"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, captain, clipper ship, 1830s.)
Glad to see so many folks are making it in for roll call!

I posted a note on Dirttime Forum but got a pretty frosty reception. Don't reckon I'll head back to that corner of the net any time soon!

- Jesse
Welcome to the internet, you're probably taking it too seriously.

What you see is the result of the perspective you choose.

"Knowledge isn't wisdom unless it's empirical." - My own damn self.

Grand Rapids Michigan
Karen & Jesse, the new/old Forum is a welcome return.

Dravine, thank you for all of your hard work.

Moderators, we all have faith in you.

Cistchap (post #20), thanks for the heads-up.

Good to be "home".
"The trouble with normal is it always gets worse." Bruce Cockburn
For those members who are signed up for our newsletter, or are past members of the forum, we will be doing a mass email announcement that will be hitting inboxes in the next day or so. I know there were a lot of people who did not want to make the move to Facebook so our announcements there on facebook only go so far.

Thanks for spreading the word.

-K
Present
(even if not totally accounted for)
Andre Dumouchel

Having My Name and Living in Texas, it is simply assumed that I will Eat Anything and have Primitive Skills.

(Some Women like a Fella that has Primitive Skills!)

(Some Men Too, and That's Ok!)

Stupidity can be painful, and fun to watch from time to time.