Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call for Ideas
Goooooood MOOOOOORNING HOOOOOODLUMS!!!!!

So we've got this fancy new forum software, and it does lots of neat stuff like integrate with Facebook and what not.

This got me thinking, rather than spending all night reading about new stuff we might be able to do, I thought I'd pose a question to the community and see what YOU would like see happening around here!

- Jesse
Welcome to the internet, you're probably taking it too seriously.

What you see is the result of the perspective you choose.

"Knowledge isn't wisdom unless it's empirical." - My own damn self.

Grand Rapids Michigan
How bout a forum specifically showing the stuff Karen sells.
Or maybe not a forum but like little adds in the sidelines to show specials and such.

Or dancing girls
Everyone likes dancing girls.
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

(09-06-2017, 05:41 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: How bout a forum specifically showing the stuff Karen sells.
Or maybe not a forum but like little adds in the sidelines to show specials and such.

Keep an eye on the "Announcements" forum at the top of the main page. The idea is for Karen to post news, new products, sales and such in that forum as they occur. Announcements relating to the forum will also be posted there, so it is dual-purpose.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Can it read me a bedtime story?

But seriously. What are our options? Where can we read them for ourselves?
"The first law...should be nailed on every cot. The first law. This world's job is to take everything from you. Yours is not to let it."   -Woman and Scarecrow

If I never had to use my intellect again, I wouldn't mind.

A real survival board game!?
sixmilehomestead.com
I have a few announcements I am making shortly about what direction I am going. I am sure you will all be pleased. But I am not ready to announce yet. I am still in process. But more really cool and neat stuff coming from me, Jesse and my new family. It is going to be OFF the HOOK! Can't wait to get a bit further on what we are doing to announce. There will be a few neat changes and I am sure it will meet most everyone's needs and I am excited about the future.

This forum was essential to my future and to be able to announce what we are doing. Essentially, as Ron and I started, it is NOT about EGO and outdoing others, but rather about teaching and helping others. That comes from our hearts. Not from trying to attain fame. A good place to start and it's where we started and where we will remain. Teachers of cool and neat shit!

Going to give this forum time to get back old members and now that it is easier to sign up for, get more members. I really had no idea being able to keep this forum up and running was even an option until Dravine stepped up with the backup of my trusty moderators for over 20 years now!

Lots of really good Hood Stuff going on. Onward and upward. It is all GOOD and POSITIVE - unlike a few other communities I know that hold enormous grudges and are jealous of (and have tried to copy, unsuccessfully to our height) what we have accomplished. For them I say, You don't know what you are in for! Get ready people!!! New line of Hood Products in for soon. Well thought out. Much to show and teach.

Love you all!

Postive Love to you all! This is a no negative zone! I know from experience, LIFE IS TOO SHORT to be mean and hold grudges. Shame on them.

Been through MORE THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR AND WE ARE STILL STANDING TALL and if someone wants to make bad of what I and my beautiful son had been through, then they are showing their true colors for sure. I will not be a part of that nonsense.

More HOOD awesomeness to come.......There is a reason why we are still in business after all these years. No one else can say this but ME. PERIOD. Thanks to all of YOU!!!

-Karen
Sooooooooo no dancing girls then?
:-)
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

(09-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: Sooooooooo no dancing girls then?
:-)

Ummm... I dunno, I got mine!

(09-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: Sooooooooo no dancing girls then?

You gotta remember, this is Karen's forum.

Are you ready for Dancing Guys?

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
All girls need to dance with guys and all guys need to dance with girls...... It's all good.....
How about a weather forum, where members can discuss as aspects of the weather, present and passed.
At the moment, there is severe weather hitting southern USA, surely that a worth a comment or two.
For instance, I saw a man on TV stating he was staying at home during the hurricane, in order to guard his house from looters.
Anyone walking the Appalachian Trail could take advice on the weather from previous members that live in that area, or have walked the Appalachian Trail.
And, the weather forum could post weather warnings and general oddities of weather in the various home states of the Hoods members.
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

(09-08-2017, 05:19 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: How about a weather forum, where members can discuss as aspects of the weather, present and passed.
At the moment, there is severe weather hitting southern USA, surely that a worth a comment or two.
For instance, I saw a man on TV stating he was staying at home during the hurricane, in order to guard his house from looters.
Anyone walking the Appalachian Trail could take advice on the weather from previous members that live in that area, or have walked the Appalachian Trail.
And, the weather forum could post weather warnings and general oddities of weather in the various home states of the Hoods members.

Hey, I do like that idea! I can actually help with that since this is who I am and what I do now ....no more maple. I help bring my fellow Kanuckz the weather Cool  even just did some imaging for Houston!!!

Technologist – Monitoring and Data Services, Meteorological Service of Canada
Environment Canada / Government of Canada
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Well done AOC, I always suspected that you were destined for better work than being Mrs Maple third stall from the right.
Now you can wear a white coat, and peer over your glasses at anyone who talks to you, and reply: "Exactly." 
You can now be the forum weather scientist AOC.
Er, AOC, is there likely to be a good sunset tonight in Pattaya Thailand 12.9276° N, 100.8771° E.
And please  do not answer: "Exactly."

Smile

Martin Crane

That Limey Pete - always full of great ideas! What about a section for trip reports and trials of gear specifically? It sort of got lumped into photos, but I always look forward to hearing and seeing what everyone else is up to out in the dirt. Karen - you inspire us, indeed this forum is a great place to gather and be uplifted. I never had any reservation at all a few year back when WFW Jr joined, and people here have been above and beyond in encourageing him.

WFW

** edit - I guess I should explore more before commenting. Hikes and gear catagory - very good! **
Flunkis Moritani - When in doubt - Play dead  - Red Green
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
(09-09-2017, 06:56 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Well done AOC, I always suspected that you were destined for better work than being Mrs Maple third stall from the right.
Now you can wear a white coat, and peer over your glasses at anyone who talks to you, and reply: "Exactly." 
Er, AOC, is there likely to be a good sunset tonight in Pattaya Thailand 12.9276° N, 100.8771° E.

Smile

Yes Pete precisely Tongue , there would have been a fabulous sunset last night at 6:20 pm visible from Pattaya...

however it looks like you are in for another hot and muggy week of stray t- showers and a healthy dose of rain with heavy cloud cover moving in from the South East....and later in the week a low pressure system brewing over the Sulu Sea, will be wrapping around and walloping Indonesia before being dispersed by the prevailing Westerly winds, ending with light cloud cover over Phenom Penh.

stay tuned for more!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(09-10-2017, 02:27 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:56 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Well done AOC, I always suspected that you were destined for better work than being Mrs Maple third stall from the right.

Smile

Yes Pete precisely Tongue , there would have been a fabulous sunset last night at 6:20 pm visible from Pattaya...

however it looks like you are in for another hot and muggy week of stray t- showers and a healthy dose of rain with heavy cloud cover moving in from the South East....and later in the week a low pressure system brewing over the Sulu Sea, will be wrapping around and walloping Indonesia before being dispersed by the prevailing Westerly winds, ending with light cloud cover over Phenom Penh.

stay tuned for more!

AOC

Exactly.  Big Grin

Martin Crane