Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KITH...aka Knife in the Hat
(10-12-2017, 11:42 PM)wmerrin Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:27 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote: I mailed it Oct 09th am--they had limited hours for Thanksgiving!

I thought Canada Post only worked one day a week anyway. 
It once took two weeks for a simple letter to get from Vancouver Island all the way down here to Washington (state).

Wally

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  HAHAHAH 1 day a week if were lucky--it is a crown corporation after all...

fun fact---Canada Post is SOOOO big....the Canada Revenue Agency doesn't even audit it or look at its books---they dont have enough man power to do that for big corporations....so they just take "their word for it" but they audited me 12 years ago over a 100$ savings bond....

heee hee kind like a scouts honor type thing  Angel

'cept they ain't got hno honor!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(10-13-2017, 02:01 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Thanks Jim Barrow for a Bark River mini caper, some EDC tweezers, a small, stag scaled Northfield UN-X-LD folder, a flashlight which recharges on your computer and a half dozen fat-wood sticks and a ferocium rod to get them burning. 
I don't have a camera at the present.
Thanks again Jim
And thanks Dave for coordinating the event.

Griz

Glad it got there safely.  Let me know what you think of the stainless s35vn steel in that caper.
Always drink upstream from the herd.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Well its just roughed out, you know." -Archer-

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some

may call that bribery. We do not apologize."

-Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
Thanks out to Griz for the KITH. Will get pictures up tomorrow when I've got some free time.
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.

.jpg   KITH-2017-4thHorseman-re.jpg (Size: 5.07 MB / Downloads: 12)
KITH from Jesse, Tops Fieldcraft. Just the size I like. And a cool water bottle that's going to get a lot of use. Thanks a lot, it's going to get a lot of use.
remember what the Dormouse said

"Learn from others mistakes. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Eleanor Roosevelt
(10-15-2017, 11:58 PM)caver56 Wrote: KITH from Jesse, Tops Fieldcraft. Just the size I like. And a cool water bottle that's going to get a lot of use. Thanks a lot, it's going to get a lot of use.

Glad you like it! I had one of those water bottles last nearly 4 years of heavy use and lots of travel. I think you’ll find it a solid piece of gear!
Welcome to the internet, you're probably taking it too seriously.

What you see is the result of the perspective you choose.

"Knowledge isn't wisdom unless it's empirical." - My own damn self.

Grand Rapids Michigan
It's got a nice lid. No need to worry about it popping open in the pack.  And like I said "the knife is the size I like." Ya did good Thanks...
remember what the Dormouse said

"Learn from others mistakes. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Eleanor Roosevelt
(10-15-2017, 07:28 PM)Brumbie Wrote: Thanks out to Griz for the KITH. Will get pictures up tomorrow when I've got some free time.

I hope you can find a use for those trinkets in your new mountain home in Ideeho

Griz
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
Man, I can't wait until you guys do another one of these.
(10-15-2017, 11:58 PM)caver56 Wrote: KITH from Jesse, Tops Fieldcraft. Just the size I like. And a cool water bottle that's going to get a lot of use. Thanks a lot, it's going to get a lot of use.

I believe that the TOPS Fieldcraft is the only TOPS knife I would recommend, now...  It's a tremendous tool, congrats!

Bill, Just out of curiosity why is the Tops Fieldcraft  the only Tops knife you would recommend?