Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane 'hawks
I'm honored to know that at least three of my tomahawks have been used by folks dealing with the recent hurricanes, two in the area hit by Harvey and one in the cleanup of Irma.

This 15" Woodsman was used by my brother-in-law (not the guy pictured with it) as part of the Cajun Navy helping folks in east Texas.  In this pic, they're tapping to see if there is anyone trapped in the attic.

[Image: 36402526163_7b40cdd11b_b.jpg]hhwoodsman by James Helm, on Flickr

The second one is a prototype rescue ax dubbed my "Fire Chief" model.  This was bought by a fellow who is prominent in Second Amendment matters here in Texas.  I have not yet designed the sheath tooling for it, but he has a Kydex sheath business and built his own.  He headed east to help out folks in high water.

[Image: 37026635486_6ca1df3a58_b.jpg]hhfirechief by James Helm, on Flickr

[Image: 36402526513_bcc0e5a245_b.jpg]hhfirechief03 by James Helm, on Flickr

[Image: 36402526713_965b5926eb_b.jpg]hhfirechief02 by James Helm, on Flickr

And finally, an 18" War Chief helping clear out downed trees in Florida after Irma moved on.

[Image: 37026634726_a3601f1b31_b.jpg]hiwarchief by James Helm, on Flickr

And my own small way of helping out was to donate this 6 1/2" bladed drop point knife to my church's silent auction fundraiser to assist victims of Harvey.

[Image: 36379869184_8ea5feb667_b.jpg]hhfundraiser by James Helm, on Flickr
James Helm - Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization!

Helm Enterprises, Forging Division - http://www.helmforge.com

Helm Enterprises, Grinding Division - http://www.helmgrind.com

A collaboration with Wasteland Leatherwork: wastelandcrow.blogspot.com
(09-15-2017, 03:47 AM)Stormcrow Wrote: I'm honored to know that at least three of my tomahawks have been used by folks dealing with the recent hurricanes, two in the area hit by Harvey and one in the cleanup of Irma.

This 15" Woodsman was used by my brother-in-law (not the guy pictured with it) as part of the Cajun Navy helping folks in east Texas.  In this pic, they're tapping to see if there is anyone trapped in the attic.

The second one is a prototype rescue ax dubbed my "Fire Chief" model.  This was bought by a fellow who is prominent in Second Amendment matters here in Texas.  I have not yet designed the sheath tooling for it, but he has a Kydex sheath business and built his own.  He headed east to help out folks in high water.

And finally, an 18" War Chief helping clear out downed trees in Florida after Irma moved on.

And my own small way of helping out was to donate this 6 1/2" bladed drop point knife to my church's silent auction fundraiser to assist victims of Harvey.

how much is the rescue axe?
thanks

(09-22-2017, 10:51 PM)Scottman Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 03:47 AM)Stormcrow Wrote: I'm honored to know that at least three of my tomahawks have been used by folks dealing with the recent hurricanes, two in the area hit by Harvey and one in the cleanup of Irma.

how much is the rescue axe?
thanks

also, how thick is it 3/8 inward of the apex?
"I'm honored to know that at least three of my tomahawks have been used by folks dealing with the recent hurricanes, two in the area hit by Harvey and one in the cleanup of Irma.

This 15" Woodsman was used by my brother-in-law (not the guy pictured with it) as part of the Cajun Navy helping folks in east Texas.  In this pic, they're tapping to see if there is anyone trapped in the attic....."

Cool Smile Angel   No doubt dude! Cool!

That is officially the coolest thing I have heard recently, I remember watching (on tv) all the private citizens with boats going out and rescuing stranded people- putting their lives on the line for strangers-friends-neighbors!

Kudos to first responders and citizens and anyone else who is out there going above and beyond !

Amazing! Very cool that the type of people who tend to prepare, are the same types who might also own one of your fine tools --they survive initially and are the types to go looking for and help others.

My friends in Texas and Florida ect and their property.....survived ok...but they all had friends and neighbors that weren't that lucky...a friend in Florida has family missing in Puerto Rico....

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Scottsman - Shoot me an e-mail at helmgrind@gmail.com.
James Helm - Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization!

Helm Enterprises, Forging Division - http://www.helmforge.com

Helm Enterprises, Grinding Division - http://www.helmgrind.com

A collaboration with Wasteland Leatherwork: wastelandcrow.blogspot.com
understood