Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Compass REVERSED?
(09-25-2017, 11:59 PM)TRYKER Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 06:13 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: AOC I dont want t say its aliens...but its aliens.

YA MEAN IT WAS THEM MEXECANS !!!

Big Grin Tongue

Hey! Illegal aliens are American citizens too!!!!

Oh wait

no they're not.....whoops Tongue

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
I think it was Mr Hawke, I saw on the screen somewhere saying to always take 2 compasses.

If both compasses point in different directions, which one is right? maybe ya should take 3! Big Grin

Don't think ya got a message, about a pole shift from the compass? Huh
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
Had one mess up on me, too. Then I realized the neato glove/mitten combo I was wearing used neo mags to hold back the "mitten" cover. Doh.
Steve
  • Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but it can get there real fast.
  • Losing an illusion makes you smarter than finding a truth - Ludwig Borne
  • Always remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
  • This is more fun than beating a tree hugger with a dead baby seal.
I could never use a compass in a travelling boxcar. The needle used to swing around all ways.
In your case AOC it could be all the aluminium you have ingested - have you been cooking with aluminium foil?  Tongue
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery
(09-28-2017, 06:02 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I could never use a compass in a travelling boxcar. The needle used to swing around all ways.
In your case AOC it could be all the aluminium you have ingested - have you been cooking with aluminium foil?  Tongue

Undecided OOOOH LIMEY!!!! Big Grin Tongue

hahahaha

could be!!!!!!!! well at least those aliens from down south wont be able to read my brain waves!

AOC

(09-27-2017, 09:54 PM)nedrgr21 Wrote: Had one mess up on me, too. Then I realized the neato glove/mitten combo I was wearing used neo mags to hold back the "mitten" cover. Doh.

hey, that is the first thing I thought too, ---what do I have on me that is doing this!! My knife? My metal mug? a magnet on my bag closure snap?....

I no longer trust compasses whole heartedly now...This is yet another example of how old time knowledge ie: star navigation or Ron's Ottoman sun compass is the bees knees!!! At least to verify what your modern tools are tellin ya! Big Grin

(09-27-2017, 01:07 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: I think it was Mr Hawke, I saw on the screen somewhere saying to always take 2 compasses.

If both compasses point in different directions, which one is right? maybe ya should take 3! Big Grin

Don't think ya got a message, about a pole shift from the compass? Huh

hahah yes bro! one is none, 2 is one and 3 is just crayzeeeeeeeee!!

good thing I know North.

Hell maybe it was 90 North trying to point me in the direction of buried treasure from beyond the grave....hahah
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
You may have slipped in from an alternate universe. If you see someone who looks like you carrying a compass that points the right way - DO NOT SHAKE HANDS!!! -

That could cause a terrible explosion and end reality as we know it.
Howard Wallace
When I was riding a frieght car I used to have to lean out over the track hanging on with one arm and extending the compass out in order to see a true reading.
Of course that way I could be spotted by the railroad police or hit by a train coming the other way.
So it was highly impractical.
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery
(10-02-2017, 03:12 AM)Howard Wallace Wrote: You may have slipped in from an alternate universe.   If you see someone who looks like you carrying a compass that points the right way - DO NOT SHAKE HANDS!!! -

That could cause a terrible explosion and end reality as we know it.

Big Grin Tongue Idea 

HAHAHAH

can I tell myself the winning lottery numbers from last week?

(10-02-2017, 06:08 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: When I was riding a frieght car I used to have to lean out over the track hanging on with one arm and extending the compass out in order to see a true reading.
Of course that way  I could be spotted by the railroad police or hit by a train coming the other way.
So it was highly impractical.

My god! Highly impractical 007!

If you are killed or captured, you cant complete your mission and you cant write entertaining stories for us any longer Sad 

someone send 00 Limey a GPS please !

AOC

Maybe you keep yer compass in yer bag next to your mobile phone. Heres a video that shows what happens. It fooks up yer compass pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_zQQjtmwE
(10-03-2017, 02:34 PM)Willie Wrote: Maybe you keep yer compass in yer bag next to your mobile phone. Heres a video that shows what happens. It fooks up yer compass pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_zQQjtmwE

hmmm interesting link thank you Smile

its possible that it became near to my mobile phone for a moment...

although my phone generally stays in the car when I go hiking....I know I know..... but its no use to me out there as I never have service in the woods, not even for 911... hahah I got a old dumb phone.

In all likelihood, you guys are right--- my compass MUST have been polarized by some electronic equipment... probably phone or speakers I reckon...

I am going to be OCD about keeping that away from my compass from now on.

AOC