Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian MRE
I picked up a canadian mre in a horse trade of sorts. Here is a photo of the contents, it also came with a package of beans, franks and a package of cornbread. It also came with a long spoon, about like a long spoon from a ice cream shop. It was tasty.

[Image: 9tzx9nNl.jpg]

You ain't supposed to eat the spoon. American solution to the long spoon is to open the package sideways :wink: - kinda like the Russian answer to a pen that writes in space/upside down is a pencil.
Steve
  • Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but it can get there real fast.
  • Losing an illusion makes you smarter than finding a truth - Ludwig Borne
  • Always remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
  • This is more fun than beating a tree hugger with a dead baby seal.
aw shucks, I thought the spoon was a vanilla spoon

Yes and Canadian MREs have have added advantage of being described in french.
For instance a packet of potato soup, is described as soupe de pommes de terre.
Sounds much more appetizing don't you think?
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery
(09-29-2017, 03:47 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Yes and Canadian MREs have have added advantage of being described in french.
For instance a packet of potato soup, is described as soupe de pommes de terre.
Sounds much more appetizing don't you think?

Ha! since when does "earth apple" sound appetizing....reminds me of road apple

hee hee

mon dieu man where's the poutine with powdered gravy and maple candy for desert...?

Cool tho! Good to know my Canadian boys are eating good.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Do Canadian MREs, have heating wafers the same as USA MREs AOC?

Martin Crane

(09-30-2017, 06:05 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Do Canadian MREs, have heating wafers the same as USA MREs AOC?

You know something Limey....I dont know for sure....do they randyt?? I thought they were the new fangled round canister, but I still prefer the trioxane bar !

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
this particular mre didn't come with a heating wafer. The Canadian mre are actually called imp, meaning ...individual meal packet...

(10-02-2017, 10:54 PM)randyt Wrote: this particular mre didn't come with a heating wafer. The Canadian mre are actually called imp, meaning ...individual meal packet...

Ok thanks, I will be looking into this...

and

IMP??? for real....

hahahah Smile

damn those Canadian imps.....they are so tasty!

AOC

Yes they have American heating wafers.
Canadian MREs look very tasty.
Anyone know the price?

http://www.mreinfo.com/international-rat...adian-imp/

Martin Crane

i hope the mre's taste better than the food i had up there, it all tasted the same to me whether it was toast or spaggetti sauce, all the same.
Tryker

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

(10-04-2017, 09:52 PM)TRYKER Wrote: i hope the mre's taste better than the food i had up there, it all tasted the same to me whether it was toast or spaggetti sauce, all the same.

If the toast tasted like spaghetti sauce, not so bad.  The other way around, not so much.   Big Grin

Generally when I ate Rat packs, (1988), we boiled the packages to heat them, or ate them cold. Lunch #5 had a coffee crisp, and the cherry cake was worth trading for.

WFW
Flunkis Moritani - When in doubt - Play dead  - Red Green
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.