Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum fees
I am sure this forum is not free.  Is there an annual recommended fee for camping here and where do we send the money??
Always drink upstream from the herd.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Well its just roughed out, you know." -Archer-

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some

may call that bribery. We do not apologize."

-Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
If the fee to be a Foundation Member is still 24 bucks a year I would be in.
As soon as I can sell myself for 24 bucks that is.
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

I do not know if Karen has decided upon that, but if you have money that is burning a hole in your pants, just send it to me. 

JJ needs new shoes and I could use a new pistol.....just sayin....

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

(10-04-2017, 01:19 PM)jbarrow Wrote: I am sure this forum is not free.  Is there an annual recommended fee for camping here and where do we send the money??

Karen may decide to change this in the future, but currently there are no plans for a membership system like on the old forum.  One of the problems with the old forum was the requirement for people to register before they could read the forums and see what the joint was like.  Statistics showed a steady stream of visitors, but not many registrations the last few years.  That's why the decision was made to allow visitors to read the Skills section of the new forum without registering.  That way people who buy Survival.com videos and products can check the place out and, hopefully, decide it is worth signing up.

Frankly, the old place was running out of steam and there wasn't much new going on.  A lot of people drifted away and no longer participated, which made even more drift away.  We have seen a lot of people returning to the new forum and the hope is they will continue to participate and stay.  The key to that happening is for people to post what they are doing and what they are learning; to ask questions and to answer questions other people ask.  Without that, this version will eventually go the way of the old forum.  The Community posts and the friendly give and take are very important, but Skills posts are paramount.  There is a ton of no-nonsense experience among the members of this forum and we want people to share what they have learned.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that the recommended "fee" for hanging around here is PARTICIPATION.  Posting trip reviews, experiments, gear reviews - what works and what doesn't - is critical for keeping the place interesting for newcomers to join in.  Hopefully people who don't have the videos will buy them, and people will check out Survival.com for other products.  The existence of this forum directly depends on the success of Karen's business.

Karen is getting some new products lined up and there will be announcements in the near future.  Lately her plate has been full with life's little unexpected twists and turns but she will spend as much time here as she can.  She is making a serious effort to incorporate this forum back into her business and she needs the support of everyone here.  The goal is to get this forum up to speed and get the sharing and teaching back to what it used to be.

Just for the record, I'm not an employee and I don't - and can't - speak for Karen, but I do talk to her.  I'm a volunteer like the rest of the Posse; we're all here because we want this forum and her business to do well. 

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Participation is a fine price to pay.
"The first law...should be nailed on every cot. The first law. This world's job is to take everything from you. Yours is not to let it."   -Woman and Scarecrow

If I never had to use my intellect again, I wouldn't mind.

A real survival board game!?
sixmilehomestead.com
Very Well said Wally. Thank you. Karen
And thanks for asking jbarrow!!!!!
Participation, such a good idea, a worthy concept.

Far easier said than done.

I have been withdrawing from interacting with people for about 12 years
(I wrote then deleted the various reasons and excuses)

I wrote another wordy volume thinking I could condense a revised edition.
(Then deleted that too)

Way easier (when I can afford it), to throw a little money at the Forum.

Another Tome written and deleted.

So long as you can justify your position, you have no reason to change it.

Change takes place, when the price of change is less then the price of remaining the same.

I will work on it.
Andre Dumouchel

Having My Name and Living in Texas, it is simply assumed that I will Eat Anything and have Primitive Skills.

(Some Women like a Fella that has Primitive Skills!)

(Some Men Too, and That's Ok!)

Stupidity can be painful, and fun to watch from time to time.
(10-04-2017, 03:11 PM)ddennis2 Wrote: I do not know if Karen has decided upon that, but if you have money that is burning a hole in your pants, just send it to me. 

JJ needs new shoes and I could use a new pistol.....just sayin....

DD

...putting those two thoughts together... Does this mean you keep shooting holes in JJ's shoes???

Big Grin

Kurt.
Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Among life's greatest joys is that of exploration and immersion; to leave comfort and familiarity behind and to fully embrace as many environments, climates, seasons and cultures as your lifetime will allow, for each is unique - filled with wonders and treasures - and will expand your heart just to hold them all!
- me.
Were it that good...that boy can run through a pair of shoes faster than I can drink a bottle of Cabernet.....

But...I can always use a new pistol....

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

Every one reading this.SEND YOUR MONEY TO MONTANA.