Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking craftsmen! Survival Boardgame Kickstarter Rewards - donations?
Hey, Hoods,

Our survival board game Kickstarter is about to get on its feet and we were looking for help.  It's been a long time in coming and the Kickstarter page is looking great, as is our product.

Karen was extremely generous and donated 16 SQ mags and 28 DVDs to our project to help us reach our funding goals.  She, Ron and I used to play older versions of the game at their house to collect feedback and new ideas.  She recently played it with us in Idaho as well.

In return, I offered to advertise permanently for Hoods Woods on one of our "survival kit" cards.  It works out well because each player picks two of these cards at the beginning of the game and uses it to help them survive.  In this case, Hoods Woods gets the "survival basics" card, which will direct people towards the Woodsmaster DVD series.  I'll definitely be advertising for Hoods Woods elsewhere and hoping this game will draw new people to our forums.

I'm wondering if any of you excellent craftsmen out there would be willing to donate your wares to our Kickstarter campaign.  Especially knifemakers.  JD Edwards, Luke Swenson?  I'm making the same deal to you.  Donate high-quality merchandise to our Kickstarter to offer as prizes and we'll make one survival kit card a permanent advertisement for your product.  We'd like to ask for merchandise worth ~$500 MSRP/resale value.

I hope this offer doesn't seem conceited.  I'm trying to get creative and offer great rewards for people who donate.  Your donations could really help launch our game.

Current survival kit items include: Iodine, steel knife, map and compass, cloth bandage, flint and steel, signal lense, trapping snares, wool blanket, rain poncho, fishing kit, water bladder, hatchet, survival fats.  
Skills in the survival kit include: Water dowser (good at locating water), primitive bowyer, survival basics, primitive fire skills, hunter, spinner (cordage), trapper, woodscraft, fisherman, naturalist, fire science.
We have some flexibility in this area so please ask if you have a good product not listed here.

Ok, you are very special people, so I'm going to give you the PREVIEW link in this thread.  This project is NOT LIVE yet.  You lucky ducks.  Enjoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lif...n=d567adf6
"The first law...should be nailed on every cot. The first law. This world's job is to take everything from you. Yours is not to let it."   -Woman and Scarecrow

If I never had to use my intellect again, I wouldn't mind.

A real survival board game!?
sixmilehomestead.com
Quote:Ok, you are very special people, so I'm going to give you the PREVIEW link in this thread.  This project is NOT LIVE yet.  You lucky ducks.  Enjoy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lif...n=d567adf6

Pretty impressive, Jesse!  Congrats, and best of luck...