Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KITH knife pictures
I decided my KITH knife deserved a new thread, so here is a new thread.

Brumbie sent me the most amazing KITH you could imagine - a genuine Luke Swenson blade complete with leather sheath.  I was just dumbfounded when I opened the box...  Thanks Brumbie!

[Image: KITHknife.jpg]

Did I remember to say Thanks Brumbie?  And thanks DaveD for hosting the KITH, you done real good.  I hope everyone else enjoys their KITH...

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
(10-06-2017, 01:18 AM)wmerrin Wrote: I decided my KITH knife deserved a new thread, so here is a new thread.

Brumbie sent me the most amazing KITH you could imagine - a genuine Luke Swenson blade complete with leather sheath.  I was just dumbfounded when I opened the box...  Thanks Brumbie!

[Image: KITHknife.jpg]

Did I remember to say Thanks Brumbie?  And thanks DaveD for hosting the KITH, you done real good.  I hope everyone else enjoys their KITH...

Wally

Beautiful blade!
Always drink upstream from the herd.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Well its just roughed out, you know." -Archer-

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some

may call that bribery. We do not apologize."

-Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
oH MYYYYYYYYYY GOD! Big Grin

Angry thanks Brumbie...now you gone done and made us alllll look bad!

Kidding kidding... Big Grin

WOW a Swenson original---that there is a lifetime piece, I tell ya right now...legends never die.

There is a reason with so many talented knife makers and so many good quality knives I own...that I am NEVER without my Swenson.

Very cool!!!!!!!!!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan

.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 208.57 KB / Downloads: 19) Wally, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread. This dandy little Spyderco came from Wally. I have been carrying it since I received it and I am really liking it. Thank you Wally.
(10-07-2017, 12:46 AM)yellercat Wrote: Wally, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.

Not at all, might as well put the pictures in one thread. I'm glad you like the knife, it's nice to know it went to a good home.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
You're welcome. It's a beautiful blade and the minute I saw it, I bought it. Then it sat in my safe being neglected for a lack of use. I hope you use it well and pass along to someone important/deserving when you are finished with it.
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.
[attachment=9265][attachment=9265]
.jpg   P3020857.JPG (Size: 2.81 MB / Downloads: 30) Kid Couteau really overdid this one!  Sent enough steel to keep everyone in the family equipped for an outing.   A BIG Thank you!  Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   P3020856.JPG (Size: 3.12 MB / Downloads: 26)
Niiiiiiiice! Smile
James Helm - Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization!

Helm Enterprises, Forging Division - http://www.helmforge.com

Helm Enterprises, Grinding Division - http://www.helmgrind.com

A collaboration with Wasteland Leatherwork: wastelandcrow.blogspot.com
Quote:Kid Couteau really overdid this one!  Sent enough steel to keep everyone in the family equipped for an outing.   A BIG Thank you! 

I had an EnZO for a while.  One of the smaller ones.  D2 steel and scary sharp.  That one looks like a great knife!

.jpg   IMG_20171007_113112~2.jpg (Size: 527.83 KB / Downloads: 21)

Used it to carve a new crochet hook so I could work on a hat. Cut into the tight corner fine and kept its edge as I smoothed the oak by scraping.  I dig it. Elk makes for a good handle. Smile
Men are, that they might have joy.
Here is the KITH that was sent to me by a mad hillbilly chemist from the hills and hollers of the bluegrass state of old KEN-TUCK.I have been told that the person that gave me this knife is a direct decedent of Daniel Boone,and that following in the foot steps of that great backwoods man,that he killed a bear with the very same knife that he gave me at the age of 12 years old. WOW.

bark river.jpg (2.21 MB)

Attached Files
.jpg   bark river.jpg (Size: 2.21 MB / Downloads: 22)
OK, that is a really nice Bark River....

Now I believe the story about having kilt a b'ar at the age of 12. Any mad hillbilly chemist from the hills and hollers of the bluegrass state of old KEN-TUCK wouldn't lie, would he? Yes, it most likely happened under the influence of 'schrooms, but it seemed real at the time, I'm sure.

You wouldn't *believe* how long it took to get the little pieces of lung out of the grooves in those spacers. I had to scrub with one of those toothbrush things to do it--I guess they have a use, afterall!
Men are, that they might have joy.

.jpg   2017-10-17 18.14.54.jpg (Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 8)
Finally able to post up about my KITH from non other than Griz. The Canadian postal service didn't work too bad, had it alot earlier than expected.
Anyhow, he sent me a Koster hunting knife. Looks like a Nessmuk style but he can verify which model. I think it'll be handy up here in Northern Idaho. Also included was a CRKT survival bracelet, Buck knives folding training knife. Carborundum rod, folding spoon, patch and a pin. All very cool stuff.
 Been using the knife in the kitchen right now just to get a feel for it.
Thanks out to Griz for an awesome KITH!
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.
Oh my god!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Heart Tongue I got my KITH and it rocks!!! woooo!
.jpg   DSCF9651.JPG (Size: 215.68 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   DSCF9656.JPG (Size: 151.68 KB / Downloads: 17)

a most excellent KITH indeed, THANK YOU Dean! I love all 3. Yes-- they made it over the "wall" haha!

Caver 56--old name 4th Horseman --?? Dean buddy--you went too far man, totally outdid yourself!!!! wow! I am really missing the dancing Banana icon right about now!!

--Dean makes quality and beautiful work! The details are quite incredible-- rivets have steel on outside and brass/copper or something on inside--like our toonies! and I cant stop smelling the sheaths--smells like heaven...or more accurately hand tanned deer leather, smoked over an open fire--the smell of independence and freedom! The smell of EOTW too....

1) A very special little neck knife--almost looks like a type of ulu or hide scraper? maybe Dean can elaborate more on that... The sheath is unlike any I have seen--medium brown tan-- the top part that holds the handle can be lifted off AND it has my forum initials AOC stamped into it--so its obviously my favorite now--but I wont tell the other two knives that!! they'll be jealous Shy
.jpg   DSCF9652.JPG (Size: 270.58 KB / Downloads: 14)

2) A BEAUTIFUL 3 and 1/4" fixed blade (6" overall) in a sturdy dark brown leather sheath with pretty leather braiding accents--a real bush-craft work horse I bet! Ill be testing it asap!
.jpg   DSCF9654.JPG (Size: 153.69 KB / Downloads: 14)

3) a very handy draw knife with a cool light tan sheath --fits my hand perfectly--they all do! You can bet this'll come in handy when I make more wood bows or if I get a deer this November Big Grin
.jpg   DSCF9653.JPG (Size: 140.85 KB / Downloads: 12)

Thanks so much again--they'll be put to good use!!!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan