Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KITH knife pictures
Now that is a great KITH!

Glad it made it over the wall. The steel is 1095 carbon steel. On the Dog Bone draw knife it's a stainless steel. The wood is German black walnut. The small Ulu is something I came up with. It's a nice cutter, scraper, chopper. I have a smaller one in my sewing kit that gets a lot of work. Glad you like them. I enjoyed them. Let us know how they work out. Dean & Eni
remember what the Dormouse said

"Learn from others mistakes. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Eleanor Roosevelt
(10-19-2017, 05:15 AM)caver56 Wrote: Glad it made it over the wall. The steel is 1095 carbon steel. On the Dog Bone draw knife it's a stainless steel. The wood is German black walnut. The small Ulu is something I came up with. It's a nice cutter, scraper, chopper. I have a smaller one in my sewing kit that gets a lot of work. Glad you like them. I enjoyed them. Let us know how they work out. Dean & Eni
Oh very cool-- 1095 steel and German Black Walnut!!!!!!!!!!
Ill post a story about how I test them out.
Thanks
AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(10-18-2017, 01:37 AM)Brumbie Wrote: Finally able to post up about my KITH from non other than Griz. The Canadian postal service didn't work too bad, had it alot earlier than expected.
Anyhow, he sent me a Koster hunting knife. Looks like a Nessmuk style but he can verify which model. I think it'll be handy up here in Northern Idaho. Also included was a CRKT survival bracelet, Buck knives folding training knife. Carborundum rod, folding spoon, patch and a pin. All very cool stuff.
 Been using the knife in the kitchen right now just to get a feel for it.
Thanks out to Griz for an awesome KITH!

Jim don't try and sharpen your knife with that "carborundum rod" it will set your pants on fire.
It's a ferocium fire starter also called a Swedish match
Glad it got there safe.
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
haha. Well I knew that just misspoke as it were.
"A Nation of Sheep will beget a government of wolves." Edward R. Murrow

"Bring me a GREEN one, I'll scrub the patchoulli off her!" Ghostwolf.
Canada post is making me grind my teeth. Mankato is patiently awaiting the arrival of my kith to him, and J's  arrived here for me today. He was very generous in sending a great Gerber knife, a mess kit, duct tape, a water purifier and extra cartridges, and a lanyard. A great box. be

WFW[Image: 23783616_10155923365771468_2246177920468...e=5A8EE570]
Flunkis Moritani - When in doubt - Play dead  - Red Green
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.