Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arduino!
I just started reading up on Arduino toys yesterday.

Wow! I can pretty much start making my own stuff after 15 minutes of reading! LOL  Big Grin

It's like Legos!

Kids have it so easy these days!

Dang but I have so many evil things going on in my head right now...  Tongue

Anybody else play with these? (Not you Dravine!  Wink )
{  "Trust in Jesus but carry a sixgun in the bathroom."€  Phantom  }
Been looking at them myself
Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

It’s very inexpensive to to start playing with it. There are starter kits for less than $30 just to get your feet wet. With your background, it’ll take you 10 minutes to get on your way... make yourself some HAM controllers Smile
Ya I want to show Joe this but I am very afraid, he will REALLY like it Cool

I am going to have to show him....

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Ok so did one of you wonderful people send me an Arduino kit through Amazon?

One showed up in the mail yesterday.

Big hugs and thank yous to whoever did it.
It was a very generous gift and I am happy.
Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

Maybe somebody is trying to make ammends regarding the condition of trade items that were not fully known to them?  Big Grin
Ahhhhh ya didnt have ta do that
Its all good
But I do appreciate it.
Now what to make.
Any ideas on how to learn the programming side of it?

Big Grin

Here's the simplest lesson I know of online:
https://www.instructables.com/class/Arduino-Class/

This is the thing that led me to playing with Arduino: Really Small(s) GPS
http://thecustomgeek.com/2012/07/15/really-smalls-gps/

[Image: gps.jpg]

The above uses a "mini Arduino" board version called a "Trinket" to make a very small device that displays GPS coordinates that can fit in a mini Altoids tin. The version I want to make will have a switch that permits coord display in UTM (ideally) and the device will use AAA batteries so I can carry more energy easily. I could just get the Garmin Foretrex 401 that can be had for about $100 on the used market, I know  Tongue

TRINKET: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-t...troduction

I tend to use a compass and map in UTM grid and really appreciate simple location/coordinate verification. The iphone is great and all but it sucks battery power like crazy.