Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Shoes & Solitude - DVD
Has anyone here seen the DVD:  Snow Shoes & Solitude:  A Year In The Wabakimi Wilderness?  It is about the year beginning in 1994 that Les Stroud & Sue Jamison spend in the Canadian wilderness with no modern tools or conveniences.

Copies are apparently very difficult to obtain and priced accordingly.  What I am asking is, is this DVD worth basically a "C Note?"
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
Wow a 100 bucks for dvd, is that new in the wrapper?.  Sure I've paid the same for some books but a used dvd, not going to happen.....maybe someone would be kind enough loan one out, maybe you can get a copy through an inter library loan....libraries still do that kind of thing....watch snippets on youtube??
here's a link

https://www.amazon.com/Snowshoes-Solitud...B001WACEQ0

Thanks for the Amazon link, randyt.  I probably would have ran a search there before making a purchase.  Yes mjh that was a new dvd.  

But if anyone has seen it I would still like to hear from you.  Not looking for a summary, but rather a critique of the value the dvd may hold in knowledge and/or skills, if any?
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
I have it, it came as a bonus in les' book, survive. The book was a good one, the DVD was a good video on long term bush living.
Wfw
Flunkis Moritani - When in doubt - Play dead  - Red Green
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
(10-23-2017, 10:27 AM)WetFootWilley Wrote: I have it, it came as a bonus in les' book, survive. The book was a good one, the DVD was a good video on long term bush living.
Wfw

Thanks, for the information, WFW.  Most of the review on it were good, but there were a couple of reviews which made me question purchasing the dvd.
Jimbo

As it is on Youtube in several five, maybe six, 9.5 minute programs, no.

lol
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery