Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea, Is the Threat Real?
The rhetoric continues, but has anyone considered the fact North Korea may be serious?  Not necessarily planning on attacking us in a direct confrontation, which they could not win, but in a less direct route through which they might inflict damage ultimately resulting in some serious casualties, abet more civilian casualties than military ones.  If well executed, even the real proof needed to prove the North Koreans as the guilty party, might be missing, although they could be a prime suspect along with many other rogue nations which hate this nation.  In the end they could be just one of many suspects.  Then maybe the real threat is not from North Korea, but somewhere else, while North Korea draws attention away from where the real threat will originate.  

On 21 April of this year, New York, Los Angeles & San Francisco all experienced almost simultaneous power outages.  The "official" explanations for the power outages were; a fire in a sub-station, caused the outage in San Francisco, while high winds were to blame in Los Angeles, and an equipment failure reportedly caused the New York outage.  Perhaps the "official versions" were correct.  But previously in April 2013, 17 large P G & E Transformers located inside a high security fence were destroyed by a sniper team near San Jose, California.  When this attack, some called it a terrorist attack, finally came to notice almost a year later, it was termed "Old News" and chalked up to vandals.  Vandals who knew where the security camera were, even in the dark, so obviously no images were recorded, and only some 100+ sterile shell casings were ever found.  And vandals that also cut some fiber optics cables near the San Jose power station, causing a total area wide black-out of communications, just before the attack began on the transformers.  It seems all a little sophisticated for it to have just been vandals to me.  It may be I am looking for something sinister, where only a little prank exists!  Who knows these days?

But, were both incidents dry runs, for something more destructive planned for this nation.  

It has been reported that only NINE of this nations 55,000 electrical sub stations have to be destroyed to result in nationwide black-outs for up to eighteen months.  If true, assuming just a dozen of the largest, including most if not all of those nine key substations were to have varying kinds of incidents (attacks, sabotage, etc.) all simultaneously but mostly unrelated to each other except in timing resulting in 12 - 18 months without electrical power the official estimate is 9 out of 10 Americans would die. 

Just like the Japanese in World War II, and the terrorist action of 9-11, none of our enemies today, are going to have any scruples, dignity or honor, so expecting the unexpected is the order of the day. 

I do not believe I am just being paranoid, but how do others feel about this situation.  Plausible?  Unfeasible? Indifferent? Other?
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
JIMBO - " ... I do not believe I am just being paranoid, but how do others feel about this situation.  Plausible?  Unfeasible? Indifferent? Other?"

Plausible.

Anyone who believes the enemies of our country would like nothing better than bringing America to its knees is very naive, in my opinion. 

L.W.
"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, captain, clipper ship, 1830s.)
Japan seems to think it's real.  I wish I knew also.  It would be a deathwish for them.  I'd call bluff but those are big consequences.  Sometimes the little dog surprises you.
"The first law...should be nailed on every cot. The first law. This world's job is to take everything from you. Yours is not to let it."   -Woman and Scarecrow

If I never had to use my intellect again, I wouldn't mind.

A real survival board game!?
sixmilehomestead.com
I have been friends with Koreans since 1978. I've seen their good and bad sides. Primarily very good but...........

Some hear can give you stories of the Koreans and their history etc. Wish I had more time for that.

I've learned to respect and avoid their bad side. They are patient enough to build alliances like with Iran and increase their war machine. Then there's their fearless crazy side which I have witnessed on multiple occasions.........

A lot depends on our defenses and if we do a first strike on them, which may backfire on us. We don't want to fight Rocketman and his communist and Muslim friends too. 

My advice is the usual preps and a faraday cage full of essentials.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(11-10-2017, 01:36 AM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: My advice is the usual preps and a faraday cage full of essentials.

Where does one purchase a faraday cage?  Ace Hardware?
"The first law...should be nailed on every cot. The first law. This world's job is to take everything from you. Yours is not to let it."   -Woman and Scarecrow

If I never had to use my intellect again, I wouldn't mind.

A real survival board game!?
sixmilehomestead.com
as dumb looking as his haircut, i dont think he's dumb enuff to launch on the states,butt i've been wrong before. (married and divorced twice)
Tryker

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

IMO Dim dong un-- he's all talk...

Its China we gotta watch out for...

but I been wrong before too  Big Grin

he may just be stupid enough to strike an American base in Japan.......in which case...it's lights out for N. Korea...

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(11-10-2017, 01:34 PM)Mako Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 01:36 AM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: My advice is the usual preps and a faraday cage full of essentials.

Where does one purchase a faraday cage?  Ace Hardware?

Yeah....... Will post more info in a bit. Very busy now.

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

Here's a great guy with the best info about Faraday cages and such.

https://www.youtube.com/user/disasterprepper/videos