Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerbank I made a while back
Hi All

Well when I got on the ARES team I figured I might need portable power for my radio so I made this up.
It also works ok with an inverter for small stuff.

12 volts at 18 Amp Hours

.jpg   IMG_3513.JPG (Size: 92.25 KB / Downloads: 22)

.jpg   IMG_3514.JPG (Size: 121.18 KB / Downloads: 14)

.jpg   IMG_3515.JPG (Size: 86.48 KB / Downloads: 13)

Anyways just sharing
Kid
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

What is an “ARES team” Kid?

Those are motorcycle batteries?
{  "Trust in Jesus but carry a sixgun in the bathroom."€  Phantom  }
(11-09-2017, 10:28 AM)alukban Wrote: What is an “ARES team” Kid?

Those are motorcycle batteries?

ARES=Amateur Radio Emergency System

Group of HAM radio types that work with Fema or local emergency types to establish communications in grid down scenarios.

Batteries are Sealed Acid Type [SLA]
Live with honor, ride with truth.  Be friendly to others.  But always carry a gun on your side and a knife in your boot because there are those that do not feel the same as this.

That's a pretty cool setup. What does it weigh?
Im guessing about 15 pounds

Yeah that's a great set up you made there Kid... Cool  awesome job!

I think HAM radio operations and communications is a must have SHTF skill...so important! I'd like to get into that in the future.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon
Sometime between working on a certain persons quiver and some holsters I need to make.

That's a neat set up, but I misread your topic and was expecting to see a "Powder Bank!"
Jimbo
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatrotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. - Theodore Roosevelt

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(11-09-2017, 05:23 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon
Sometime between working on a certain persons quiver and some holsters I need to make.

Big Grin Big Grin

I too have a to do list which includes mailing a certain package for a certain person who is working on said quiver...

been away at my first deer hunt...getting on that asap!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(11-13-2017, 01:51 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 05:23 PM)Kid Couteau Wrote: Im hoping to set up a new antenna soon

Big Grin Big Grin

I too have a to do list which includes mailing a certain package for a certain person who is working on said quiver...

been away at my first deer hunt...getting on that asap!

AOC

No biggie
Looks like we are both behind in our work.