Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B mag 17 SUPER coconut 200 yards
I didn't use any rimfire ammo, during the crisis, that I recall.  If I did use a rimfire, it was to dispatch a pest.  I certainly was not wasting any.  

I did not purchase any rimfire ammo at the outrageous highly inflated prices either. 

If one was diligent in searching, rimfire ammo could normally be located here too, but it was not always on the shelves, and certainly was not readily available at any cost.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
huh we had different experiences. The open systme of the internet, walmart always had 17 super, 17 hmr was was pre tty easy to come by. 22 mag and 22 lr not so much except match 22 lr. Hardware stores always had 22  ramsets. I also dispatched  with battle blades if I felt like it. all depends on what you're doing the range, a ccuracy and killing equation you need. trapping is great.

plenty of 177 pellets locally but bought plenty  three for a penny in crisis online Shot  plenty of stuff with the 177's if I felt like it and it was in r ange. coons near chickens  bunnies   squirrels etc. had a buddy who paid 2 cents a round for 177 p ellets. I told him he paid  600 percent for what i paid on the internet. he was outraged but he wasn't  buying any 22 lr at 600 percent price. I told him he might as well   b ecause he just paid the same inc rease for  pellets because he didn' t have any and didn't know.

I'm guessing the trend will be a lot of people will keep a good  stock on hand. And I bet t hey will be willing to sell if the price is right. the system is open if you know where to look and you need or want ammo.

its all fun and games.

if for some reason every locally every walmart, meijer etc didn't have 177 pellets I wouldn't sweat a single drop, and I woulnd't worry about shooting at will anytime I wanted. and that's how I felt about 17 super. I was never worried about scarcity mentality if I wanted to take the rifle out to do some  extended range shooting because the ammo was always there locally and if  need be the open system of the internet.
I was speaking of local conditions only and .22 S-L-LR ammo only.  Shorts and Longs are both almost extinct, around here but they are still rarely encountered.  (The Farmers Co-op always had Shorts before they closed down.)  I use both when I can acquire them.

I have three pellet guns, but rarely ever use them.  The best is a Benjamin 342 I believe is the model with out going and pulling it out.  Regardless of the model it is a pump up, variable power depending on the number of pumps, up to the maximum 10 pumps.  Since having the heart attack, it is difficult for me to pump the maximum 10 pumps, so it is mostly relegated to the corner of the closet.  Because pumping the old Benjamin is difficult, I have looked at the Benjamin Trail NP Nitro air guns and really would like to have one, but I am not sure I would use one to its full potential, so I have not replaced the old Benjamin as of this time.  I have a friend who has one of the Benjamin Trail NP Nitro guns and I can manipulate the operation of his without any problems so using and handling it is not a problem.  They are much more economical to feed and under certain conditions could be most efficient and beneficial.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
I hooked up a friend with a refurbed 59? dollar crosman f4 that thing will do the deed in accuracy at 25 I load tested it before giving it to him. Might get one myself.

Not sure if you could operate a foot pump for pcp, or get a chinese ebay c ompressor some guys at the club u se. One guy dives so he just has his tanks filled up with the dive shop.