Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontario rifleman vs Cold Steel drop forged bowie
[Image: 27337013_10214774912748533_5397008627981...e=5ADA0CE2]

both were  acquired for 50 bucks new. What would you prefer if you had to choose?

lengths? weights?
Neither one would be my first choice, but if they were the only two knives left in the world to choose from, I would pick the Ontario Rifleman based on pictures alone. 

I have not handled or seen either knife in person, which could change my opinion admittedly.  I actually prefer the size of the Cold Steel knife, but the handle shape & design appears to be uncomfortable in pictures.  It might not be, so making a choice based on photo's alone is probably not the best method for selecting a knife, but I have ordered a few in past years based strictly on their pictures alone.  One I especially like, which was purchased that way was a SOG Tech Bowie, but there were others.
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
seems to be a popular vote !
[Image: 28279976_10214976731033864_6576856355008...e=5B18B101]
I think I would go with the Cold Steel Rifleman even though I do not like rubber hafts
It would likely wind up with an antler replacing the rubber and I would bead blast all that black off the blade.
I have had a High carbon Morseth knife for over 45 years and it has never had a rusty day
As far as camouflage for night work, even William Fairbairn preferred a shiny blade for the shock value...besides I don't go out much after dark these days Cool Big Grin
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.