Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leatherman Surge with Bosch Wood blades
[Image: 31948597_10215571304457828_4474149925680...e=5B5CF7B7]

Trimming another small mulberry near fence figure I can train The shoots to grow more horizinatal birds will go elsewhere with it at head height and berries easier to pick
So I have not seen one up close, can you put any blade in the Surge?  Can you post a close up of the blade attachment or explain it?
With that tool I can leave my little Silky saw at home!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(05-07-2018, 08:03 PM)Tn Ridge Rover Wrote: With that tool I can leave my little Silky saw at home!

Blades as good as the Silkys are pretty hard to find (the Bosch blades are designed for power tools) Huh

and for lots of cutting the Leatherman would be a less than ideal handle IMO.

That said it's a neat idea Cool
Will take a pic it takes t handle blades
The best blades I have ever found for cutting limbs with a reciprocating saw are the Porter Cable Piranha blades.  A reciprocating was would make the trimming job much easier and faster.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
(05-13-2018, 01:41 AM)Jimbo Wrote: The best blades I have ever found for cutting limbs with a reciprocating saw are the Porter Cable Piranha blades.  

Ok...........power tools are always going to be quicker (if you have them with you)  Shy

https://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-Repl...B009KRE33E
never used em compared to the bosch's I bought locally they look to be similar size