Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip Jeff Sanders (Hillywilly)
It is my sad announcement today that our own Hoodlum, Hillywilly, AKA Jeff Sanders, has taken his own life.  Us moderators received the following personal message today from Tai Goo (from our Woodsmaster Vol 9 - Primitive Knifemaking) : 

Hi,

I know Jeff had lots of friends here. Very sad news. Jeff died on April 20th. He took his own life. He had barricaded himself inside his house and burnt it to the ground. 

Please don't ask for anymore details than that. I just wanted Hoodlums to know.

My life will never be the same...

Tai

This has been my response to our mutual friends and all my customers: 

Don't know if you saw Tai Goo's post, but Jeff Sanders took his own life.  I have no words. He was the person who was instrumental in introducing Ron and I to Tai Goo and Tim Lively.  He was a music teacher and part of the neotribal metalsmiths group at the time we filmed him.  It was because of his friendship with Ron that our Woodsmaster Vol 9m - Primitive Knifemaking was made.  His energy was really infectious.  I am in shock.  Total and complete shock.  He loved his wife and kids so much.  I last saw him at the Hoodlums Gathering a few years back.  He was literally the "highlight" of my trip. He was sooooo Funny!  He was such a joker.  Completely sarcastic but in a nice way.  I am so saddened it has really hit me hard!  I........... wow...... no words.  I am so very sad.

Prayers to his wife and kids and entire family.  What a HUGE loss.  There needs to be more people in the world like Jeff.  He was sooooooo "bright, enthusiastic and shiny."  Hoping he is up there in Heaven right now with Ron.  They have eachother to laugh with.  I just remember his super infectious smile.  Bless his soul.  Forever and ever.

-K
Prayers for his family and for all who knew him.
a armed man is his own master
Godspeed brother Jeff, see you on the other side . Later , Luke
 " Survival is not mandatory" Norseman DT 08

Goodbye my dear friend I will always cherish the time we spent together.

May the road ride up to meet you,
May the wind always be at your back,
May the sunshine warm upon your face;
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again….
May God hold you
in the palm of his hands.
- Woodsmaster -

Guide my feet along the trail
R.I.P Hilly Willy...heartbreaking news. One of the great Hoodlums gone on to happier hunting grounds.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
This is a shock,
Jeff and I played my guitar around the campfire at the last EOTW we both attended.
I told him when I retired I would be getting a banjo so I could reteach myself how to pluck and grin
I just got a banjo Jeff, who is going to help me play it now?
Love, prayers and smoke, and to your family deepest condolences
Thanks Tai for letting us know, I know you were like brothers.

Griz
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
i hate sad news.
so long jeff thou we neva met the day will come when we will my prayers are with you and your loved ones. godspeed.
Tryker

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes

If the golden rule says, ''Silence Is Golden'' Why is duck tape silver???

JEFFRO !!!

Heart
I will have to watch the Primitive Knifemaking video and just pray.
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

How young can you die of old age?

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

-Steven Wright
I saw this info on a brief visit to Facebook.

Sad news for sure. Maybe tonight I'll look at the Knife making video again. That video had such a positive vibe to it! I'll miss him.
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"