Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY broadhead transporter
I've shot thousands of arrows, in my dreams. But only 10-12 in real life and that was back in high school (45-47 years ago). So I am way less than a novice, hence my ignorance.

Recently, I was bitten by the bug and bought a long bow. In about a month, I am taking it and my arrows on a road trip to South Alabama. But while down there, I plan on shooting both field points and broadheads.  Going down is no sweat as the broadheads will still be in the pack.  But coming back... For obvious reasons, I do not want to leave the broadheads exposed. As I do not yet have a good quiver, I am thinking of ways to transport the broadheads. To make things a bit easier, I am not leaving them on the arrows.

Does anyone have a plan/pattern/suggestion on something I can make to safely transport them to and fro? For the moment, I have 3 medicine bottles I am thinking of rubberbanding together and putting one head in each one. But I know there has to be a better way.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
The last broadheads I purchased came in a great plastic case lined with foam that made transporting them a breeze.

Have you considered purchasing an inexpensive pistol case, the hard plastic type  that is also foam lined...I think they run about $10 or so.......

Just a thought...

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

They have these in various sizes in the camping section at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Produ...x/26674163
"Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot
Thanks.
(05-28-2018, 12:29 AM)Bob_Spr Wrote: Thanks.

I be neckromancing here!!!!!

hahah I DID not know you were bitten by the archery bug too Bob!

just an addition to the convo 

Kid Coteau made me these leather arrow "sheaths" for safe transportation of my broadheads while on my back, since mine dont come off because I use traditional zwickey broadheads and wooden shafts...pretty fun stuff, attractive AND functional...this would have to be modified for the new fangled type of  3-D broadheads 

but very cool none the less...

.jpg   broad head covers.jpg (Size: 44.5 KB / Downloads: 4)

recently Joe bought me these metal sleeve and screw in collar type of tips... like this 
.jpg   arrow tips.JPG (Size: 50.83 KB / Downloads: 2)

but my tapering tool does not seem to be able to make the shaft fit properly, I know it because when I spin it --point down on a table it wobbles!! not sure if the ferro cement will indeed close the gap, so ive been postponing gluing the tips on....

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
I ended up putting the broadheads in the pill bottles until we got back. To find out my kids had ordered a case that holds 12 broadheads.
(02-02-2019, 08:31 PM)Bob_Spr Wrote: I ended up putting the broadheads in the pill bottles until we got back.  To find out my kids had ordered a case that holds 12 broadheads.

Big Grin  oh seems you raised 'em right!

they sound like great kids!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan