Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airgun Technology in the Great depression
Airgun Technology in the Great depression

any info? we did a photo of an article from a 1993 gun digest talking about the ratio between 22 shorts and 32 rimfire.

Wondering how common pellet guns were back then? did they have access to in todays terms 60 dollar remanufactured nitro piston crosman F4 shoot in g 1000 fps ?

What was the cost ratio between 22 shorts back then and 177 pellets?

ok enough rambling for now back to the garden.
If you want to really learn about air gun technology, read up on the air guns Lewis & Clark carried on their Corps of Discovery Expedition.  The air guns, they had, were amazing!
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell
yep . have some pcps myself.

Not sure how common that was back then but am interested on how common and what tech was in joe  smoes hands back in the great depression , what power was available,  and the cost of airgun  ammo compared to  22 shorts  back then.