Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahoy the camp!
Howdy all, Txmoonwolf here, sometime known as Mattexian, and I usually sign off as Matt in Texas.  

I'd have sworn I posted an intro when I first joined long ago, before going dormant as other things took priority, but apparently not, so I may have set a record for lurking.  Wink

I'm 46, married again, no kids, three dogs, lotsa cats.  Just survived treatment for a relapse of stage 2 Hodgkins lymphoma, still recovering under doctor's orders before I can return to work at the end of August.  Recovering BoyScout, now doing GoodTurns fortnightly.  Served one term in the Texas State Guard a decade ago.  I may not get to run deep into the woods like I used to (I live at the southern end of the Big Thicket, in SE TX), tho I live in a woody enough part of town to practice some skills in my backyard.

I recognize a few names from other forums, tho not as many as before.  I guess I don't hang out in as many groups online as I used to, which is probably good; seems like there's so many places now, I wouldn't know where to start.  Let me say that I'm glad this place is still here, and it's repository of knowledge hasn't been lost.

Matt in Tx
Welcome back to the forum Matt. lots of things have changed over the years but we're still here.

Wally
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
Hi, Matt... Welcome back! Are you the same Matt in Texas who is on the Bluff Shelter?

Welcome back1 This herd is getting bigger every day!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
(07-31-2018, 11:55 AM)Bill Hay Wrote: Hi, Matt...  Welcome back!  Are you the same Matt in Texas who is on the Bluff Shelter?

Hey, Bill.  Yeah, that's me.  You were one of the ones I recognized from elsewhere, even if we haven't managed yet to meet in person at a meetup.
(08-01-2018, 06:15 AM)txmoonwolf Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 11:55 AM)Bill Hay Wrote: Hi, Matt...  Welcome back!  Are you the same Matt in Texas who is on the Bluff Shelter?

Hey, Bill.  Yeah, that's me.  You were one of the ones I recognized from elsewhere, even if we haven't managed yet to meet in person at a meetup.

Hey life is still young!  (Even if we are not!!)  Smile Maybe some day...  I'll be visiting JJ Magnum in a couple of weeks, so I do get out of the house on occasion.

Welcome aboard, please do participate...

Welcome Back Matt
Good to hear from you again
Griz
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.