Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrope in training - New Member
Hello, my name is Brogan Doll and I'm the son of Gerald Doll (MISANTHROPE), I regret that I haven't been to any of the gatherings but I was too young and innocent. Anyway I'm 17 and looking forward to meeting some of you in person.
Hello youngster. Welcome!
Tell your old man to stop being such of a stranger!

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

Welcome! Many "newbies" cut their teeth on your dad's misadventures. Pull up a chair to the fire and discuss some Hoodlum vids with us.
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
Good to meet you. Smile
Men are, that they might have joy.
Well cool... Glad you're on board, I hope you get involved in the discussions and you enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

JBarrow is right... Big Grin

I WAS one of them newbies that "cut my teeth" reading about your dads "misadventures"... I believe he was still writing often when I joined up...

I am sure you'll fit right in.

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Welcome Brogan, I hope you stay around for awhile.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  I have failed as a parent and a father.  Despite all of the dark sins and scars I bear on my soul, I have tried to bring my children up on a righteous path.  And, yet, the children shall repeat the sins of their fathers.  My poor, innocent child has come here of his own volition.   I beg of thee, Brothers and Sisters, not to burden the child with the sins of his father.  (As in whatever misdeeds, misfortunes and inappropriate behavior one may have witnessed at prior Hoodlum Gatherings.). However, for those so inclinded to tell stories out of school, shall I quote Ezekiel 25,17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.“

Hugs and kisses,

The Nine-Toed Rat Bastard
Misanthrope
I Hear Voices.....And They Don't Like You.

"Further, I propose that this "Moment of Misery" be hence-to-forth be referred to as "Moment of Misery for Misanthropic Yammering", or "MOMMY"!" ~ DDennis2

(what an effing moron. - i feel such pity now for his lovely wife and intelligent children - and maybe even for his food-quality dawg, nick-named "Spicy" sez i.)
Alas there comes a time in every young man's life when his parents throw him out and he has to live homeless.
This forum will teach him how to survive that.

Tongue
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hello Brogan, from a downstate Hoodlum. Please say hello to your Pops also. Standing by...

Bart
Got Steel?

Remember: It's all fun and games 'til some asshole breaks out a clown mask and a baseball bat.
Welcome!!!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"