Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The addiction is real!
[Image: 42972611_10156596188088286_1215128062870...e=5C5160D8]
Addictive knife buying isn't guided by logic.

Its probably my age that makes people think I am an adult.

Tolerance is within a standard.

"Food is power. We use it to change behavior. Some
may call that bribery. We do not apologize."
 -Catherine Bertini, UN World Food Ex. Director, 1997

Proverbs 27:17
I sold two today. Unfortunately, that means I miss them. Sad
Men are, that they might have joy.
(10-02-2018, 05:27 AM)thatmckenzie Wrote: I sold two today. Unfortunately, that means I miss them. Sad

They will be replaced in time.

It's a conundrum, I think rooted in our hunter gatherer past.

Opportunistically gathering useful resources beyond any immediate need, assuming future scarcity.

There is also a strong aesthetic & tactile element - first you see it then you pick it up & if it fits your internal template you buy it regardless of how many others you may already have. Confused

Limey Pete probably applies similar criteria when deciding to accept a new English student into his campus. Rolleyes

(campus - noun -ainstitution of higher education and its ambiance.)
Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

Those knives sound just like guns, they reproduce in the closet or gun cabinet!!
Theophilus
(10-04-2018, 03:52 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahahahah!

you got to keep 'em separated!

i never heard that one before!

AOC
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(10-07-2018, 04:26 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:52 PM)jbarrow Wrote: Brought out a necker2 the other day and my lovely bride inquisitively asked, "Where did that come from?" To which I replied, "Oh, I think a couple got too close to each other and well, you know, isn't it cute?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hahahahah!

you got to keep 'em separated!

i never heard that one before!

AOC

Same as with coat hangers,..........the only solution is nightly cold buckets of water when they least expect it  Tongue
(10-08-2018, 01:39 PM)Deerstalker Wrote: Same as with coat hangers,..........the only solution is nightly cold buckets of water when they least expect it  Tongue

Big Grin hee heeeeee
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
Hi my name is Dave and I am a Knife-a-holic

Yesterday I went into a store to visit a friend and walked out with an antique Khukri and Garcia Survival Knife.

Is there an encounter group? Undecided Huh
Hopefully the S won't HTF and I pray every day that it won't. It would not be fun.

I have a high art..I wound with cruelty, all who wound me...Archillocus; 650 B.C.
(10-12-2018, 08:16 PM)Grizzly Dave Wrote: Hi my name is Dave and I am a Knife-a-holic

Yesterday I went into a store to visit a friend and walked out with an antique Khukri and Garcia Survival Knife.

Is there an encounter group? Undecided Huh

Know that you are in great company.

I have a cure J.
Every time you buy a knife cut yourself with it and that way you will develop a psychological aversion to knives.

Tongue
This is it Dave........... Cool

Thank you for your contribution Tongue
That will provoke her to cut you with the knife, and then you will have an psychological aversion to knives, AND your lady/friend, and you will save a fortune while not spending money on knives and wives.

Rolleyes
Then what would be the sense in living?