Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becker Kabar 62
(02-10-2019, 02:00 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:12 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Well you did not spot it until 10 days later Deerstalker.
That could be the beginnings of dementia.  Tongue

I spotted it right away with my young sharp mind  Big Grin Big Grin

but I have learned to keep me pie hole shut !

AOC

A good policy, but not what we normally expect  Rolleyes
I am deeply hurt.
I doubt that members of this forum realise that when I write here the missive is wrenched from my very being, with much agony and doubt.
Consequently when I make a mistake this is a disaster to my sensitive nature, resulting in me enduring a half hour weeping and wailing session.
I apologize most sincerely.
In future I think i will just refer to all here as a member, and in some cases learned member, except of course AOC, whom might object to be referred to as a member, being a person of the opposite sex.

Rolleyes
(02-11-2019, 03:31 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: I am deeply hurt.

Rolleyes

Don't be Pete, I get called all sorts of things at home Tongue
(02-11-2019, 04:31 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:

Rolleyes

Are you ever called a member Deerstalker?
(02-11-2019, 09:37 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 04:31 AM)Deerstalker Wrote:

Rolleyes

Are you ever called a member Deerstalker?

It's often a less polite term than that Pete  Blush
You are not too badly done to Deerstalker.
I used to hear: "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more!"

Big Grin
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Remember gentlemen it is not just France we are fighting for, it's champagne."
Churchill 

(02-12-2019, 03:52 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: You are not too badly done to Deerstalker.

Big Grin

True..........Wink
I doubt that members of this forum realise that when I write here the missive is wrenched from my very being, with much agony and doubt.
Consequently when I make a mistake this is a disaster to my sensitive nature, resulting in me enduring a half hour weeping and wailing session.
I apologize most sincerely.
In future I think i will just refer to all here as a member, and in some cases learned member, except of course AOC, whom might object to be referred to as a member, being a person of the opposite sex.

Rolleyes

Thank you for repeatedly bearing your beautiful soul for all to see through your missives Pete---we do appreciate it--as do your students im sure  Big Grin

we all make mistakes Limey, but the question is which university sociology department will you go to ----to seek out the proper counseling sessions and safe spaces....so you can come to terms with the cruel nature of the world??

I DO want to be a member (of this club)---even IF I dont have a member Pete!!! Not all of us are prone to delicate sensitivities and such..... Tongue Tongue if I am left out of membership I will then proceed to my local University for a wail and  a wee weep...myself

AOC (@the REAL AOC)...hahah not the fake one
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
AOC, I read your sympathetic post and am overwelmed with gratitude at your understanding and compassion.
I could never hope to read a similar post from the "members' of the forum due to most of them being of the KIll em all let God sort em out, types!
Yet strangely if I meet any of them they are forever throwing their arms around me trying to give me a hug?
I suppose you suffer from this treatment more than me  AOC.

Blush
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."
Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."
Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery

“Steady Monty. you cant speak to me like that. I'm you boss."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Remember gentlemen it is not just France we are fighting for, it's champagne."
Churchill 

(02-18-2019, 03:05 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Yet strangely if I meet any of them they are forever throwing their arms around me trying to give me a hug?

Blush

Yes, I do suffer from this form of extreme friendliness! how did you ever guess Limey??

its like i got a sign on my back that says free hugs, and then there's the 5 second rule....after 5 seconds its not considered a hug any longer!

haha Tongue
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."--Thomas Jefferson

"Buy land- they are not making it anymore"- Mark Twain

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile €”hoping it will eat him last." -Winston Churchill

"Wilderness is in our hearts first and always. All of us can't have a cabin in the mountains. It's the wilderness within we must strive for first."- R. Sullivan
(02-18-2019, 04:57 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 03:05 AM)Limey Pete Wrote: Yet strangely if I meet any of them they are forever throwing their arms around me trying to give me a hug?

Blush

Yes, I do suffer from this form of extreme friendliness! how did you ever guess Limey??

its like i got a sign on my back that says free hugs, and then there's the 5 second rule....after 5 seconds its not considered a hug any longer!

haha Tongue

Big Grin
(02-19-2019, 04:22 AM)Limey Pete Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 04:57 PM)Adapt-Overcome-Conquer Wrote:

Blush

haha Tongue

Big Grin

Could be the smell of maple syrup?,..........everyone likes maple syrup Rolleyes