Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The update I promised
So here is a summary of the last few years.  Finally retired from 22 years in Law Enforcement in SO Cal in 2017.  Moved my family up to Eagle, Idaho and have been enjoying life.  Currently working for the Boise Police Department as a Liaison between the Boise Police Department and Security Department at Boise State University.  My son Gunner which some of you may remember who has been at several events since he was little is now graduating high school this year and is an amazing son.  He will be attending BSU this next fall for a Computer Science degree.  My youngest son, Brady will be 13 in April.  My how fast they grow.  

Gunner and Jessie Hood hung out at the Sequoia gathering and it is amazing to see how fast they all grew.  Gunner is 6'2" now and it blows my mind how much of a young man he has become.  God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and sons.   Rebekah is busy with her own craft shop on Etsy which has grown immensely the last few years.   Most of you know I retired from the Navy back in 2004 as well.  Still into all outdoor activities and even more now that I am in Idaho.  The family absolutely love it here.  Still have a knife addiction which most of you here have contributed too.  Thanks!!  LOL.  Attended my first Rabbitstick this last September and got to meet Cody Lundin, David Holliday, David Wescott and many more awesome folks.  Even got to hang with good friend, Allen Jensen who also helped with my knife addiction.  It was really good to see him!!

Anyway just an update.  If anyone is ever in the Boise, Eagle area look me up please.  Thanks again to Karen Hood for keeping this alive and going.  For those who don't know me, I have attended many Hoodlum events and was able to spend some time with  Ron, Karen and Jessie before Ron passed, along with several folks still here.  There is a long list and I thank each and everyone of you for your friendships.  Great folks!  I have met life long friends here and look forward to more.  Any who I will stop rambling!! 

Your all welcome at my fire anytime!!

Brian aka Longrifle
I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, Brian. I met you at the get together near Bakersfield in 2005. I think I got some video of you and everyone throwing rabbit sticks. Not sure what to tell you about your knife-aholism.

---George
(02-03-2019, 05:14 PM)george of the J Wrote: I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, Brian. I met you at the get together near Bakersfield in 2005. I think I got some video of you and everyone throwing rabbit sticks. Not sure what to tell you about your knife-aholism.

---George

Hey George and what a great time we had at Wind Wolves.  Had fun throwing those rabbit sticks with the legend Paul Campbell!!  Thanks again and will do.

Brian
(02-03-2019, 09:25 AM)Longrifle Wrote: So here is a summary of the last few years.  

Sounds like it's all on track, good to hear  Shy
You were at Rabbit Stick last year. Did you go into the book store/Abomart while you were there.
(02-04-2019, 11:36 PM)7.62 Wrote: You were at Rabbit Stick last year. Did you go into the book store/Abomart while you were there.

Yes sir I did and purchased a Cody Lundin book 98.6 degrees.  Do ya remember me? Smile
(02-05-2019, 04:18 AM)Longrifle Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 11:36 PM)7.62 Wrote: You were at Rabbit Stick last year. Did you go into the book store/Abomart while you were there.

Yes sir I did and purchased a Cody Lundin book 98.6 degrees.  Do ya remember me? Smile

I don't,but that was a very busy week for Renee and I,lots of people in and out of the store.
That's a great update. I'm glad you're here in Idaho now too. Much better place to live. If you're into flint knapping, i know where to pick plenty of obsidian at (i'm not, but picking up shiny rocks keeps my younger kids preoccupied)

I think since last time we talked i got re-married and have a couple more kids (step kids) age 9(boy) and 13 (girl) That was almost 5 years ago. My oldest kid is 30 now. damn, that made me fell old just saying that. and then I've got a couple of others in their mid to late 20s. They all live around the Boise area and go hiking/backpacking w/me so you'll get the chance to meet them.

Dan
"For in order to find that utter peace, the ripple would have to return to the ocean, dissolve back into radiant infinity, forget itself and remember the absolute. But to do so, the ripple would have to die-it would have to accept the death of its separate self sense. And it is terrified of this."

Ken Wilber
(02-07-2019, 12:01 AM)Brother Dan Wrote: That's a great update.  I'm glad you're here in Idaho now too. Much better place to live.  If you're into flint knapping, i know where to pick plenty of obsidian at (i'm not, but picking up shiny rocks keeps my younger kids preoccupied)

I think since last time we talked i got re-married and have a couple more kids (step kids) age 9(boy) and 13 (girl) That was almost 5 years ago.   My oldest kid is 30 now. damn, that made me fell old just saying that. and then I've got a couple of others in their mid to late 20s.  They all live around the Boise area and go hiking/backpacking w/me so you'll get the chance to meet them.

Dan

Hey Dan that is awesome.  Will hook up soon and also get out this spring!  Would be awesome to see you again and meet the family!!  Taker easy!!

Brian
Great hearing from you!
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"