Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOWS
I am concerned.. Did he say furniture grade PVC is good stuff? I have a project where I need decent PVC.. Its nota bow but a cart frame
Message of Insight and Unity 

We go into the wilderness to fulfill our hearts and empty our minds of life's garbage.
The gear we leave behind and the challenges we encounter, 
Are methods we use to cleanse our spirits.
Of Survivalists and Bushcrafters, Primitive Technologists too, we are one.........

It is the wilderness within, we strive for first and always.
Not everyone can have a cabin in the mountains.
The thread that connects us, is fine like silk and strong as steel.
Together, the song of the wilderness is the song we sing!

"And can I say something else?"
Bushcrafting is "doing what you want to do." 
Survival is "doing what you have to do"
Primitive Technology is about all of the above........

By TNRR aka "Survival Sully"
The grey schedule 80 is a little thinner than schedule 40....... , may have just been an error in typing/communication; and not to be smart, but to clarify . . .  

Here in the U.S. the real thin PVC is the Schedule 20, then what most people use is the thicker Schedule 40, both of which are normally white in color.  The Schedule 80 is normally dark grey, although all the various schedules may be encountered in various colors.  As the numbers increase, the wall thickness also increases as does the maximum containable pressure.  The fitting among all three schedules of the PVC pipes can be interchanges, because the outer diameter remains the same, respectively, for each size of pipe.  As a results of their walls thickness increasing to the inside of the pipe, there is a slight decrease in the fluid carrying capacity of the higher schedule pipes.
Jimbo
If everything is a case for gun control, then nothing is. - Charles C. W. Cooke

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. - Theodore Roosevelt 1907 
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.  - Theodore Roosevelt 1918

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I fear the day that technology surpass our human interaction.  The world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

The optomist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true! - James B. Cabell