Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Idea For When I Retire
Where will you retire Grizz?
"You can't hit the ball unless you take a swing."

Martin Crane

"As God once said - and I think rightly . . ."

Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery
I'm almost 50 yo and I am contemplating the beginning of the thinning out the armaments.

It's a difficult exercise but necessary.

There are too many things in my life and I am trying to follow my parents' example of not owning too much, simplifying life.

That .300 Savage is excellent food for thought. I pay attention when folks do stuff. Smile
{  "Trust in Jesus but carry a sixgun in the bathroom."€  Phantom  }
I have so much stuff, I cannot find it when I want it, or forget I have it and have to buy the same item again.
lol

Martin Crane

Never retire....retirement is a trap....

Follow Peters track and teach English to young, nubile, female waifs until they lower you into the ground.....

DD
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

Yes Dennis, it is a magnanimous task I have adopted. Yet my motives are often suspected to be to be other than charitable!
It is times such as this, I have to keep a stiff upper lip as any Englishman does when he is misunderstood, and condemned unjustly.
Alas.

Sad

Martin Crane

Ahh...Peter...it is fortunate that a man of your stature has taken this weighty task upon his shoulders...a lesser man would have succumbed to drink and even possibly, lasciviousness....

Fortunate indeed.

DD

I agree Dennis, modestly of course. And I never have a mention in the Queens New years honours list.

lol

Martin Crane

Perhaps you could impose upon your students, to write HRH, extolling your virtues and the length and breadth of your teachings? It could be that the Queen has not been apprised of your many acts of charity. I would think that once she is made aware, you would become, Sir Limey Pete, KBE.

Now, I know that you are a shy and retiring tramp, but due honour is due honour.

DD